Egg Salad question :)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Egg Salad question :)

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 17th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Hi Everyone :wave:

Just a quick question on having egg salad. :?:

I am NOT a vegetarian and would like to know if I can have two eggs as my "Lean" from the L&G tonight. I was thinking of mixing them with my 2tsp low fat mayo and having them on lettuce leaf "bread" with a slice of tomato and my MF chicken noodle soup too. :eat:

I had to work today and we were SO BUSY... I did manage to get in my three supplements so far, the soup will be #4 and I'll have a pudding later tonight watching 'deal or no deal' ... :clap:

Can I do the egg thing? and is it OK to have the soup with it? (my guys are having egg salad sandwiches and soup - this way we can all have the same thing ... sort of )

Thanks
Love, Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby supermom » April 17th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Man--I don't know. I was wondering about Tuna salad the other day. Also, I was wondering about deviled eggs. I did go ahead and make the eggs for Easter. I only ate one half of one egg, so maybe it was okay. I used the FF mayo, mustard, I sweetened dill pickle juice with splenda, onion powder, salt and pepper to make the filling. I am curious to see what the seasoned vets say to this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 17th, 2006, 1:31 pm

FF mayo is a no no now but it used to be on the approved list. In regards to the other question you would be basically having 2 meals in one and that is a no no also, If you decide to go ahead and do the egg salad thing you could do a cup of broth with it or one of the Fast soups.

IMHO I would stay away from the mayo though!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Sweet Relish

Postby electra000 » April 17th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Hey Super Mom, I didn't know if you have tried the sweet relish sweetened with Splenda ?? It is very good. I like it. It comes in a squeeze bottle too ! ;)
electra000
Preferred member

Postby supermom » April 17th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Awesome==I will give it a try!! Now we just have to find a way to work hotdogs into the plan. HEHEHE!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 17th, 2006, 2:56 pm

OK - my quick start guide says, "2 eggs (limit to 3 times a week)" and a few other options if you are a vegetarian. I am NOT a big egg eater ~ but had them hard boiled from yesterday and thought I'd be able to eat the same as the family tonight.

I had my MF soup at 4pm (couldn't wait - hehehe) :eat:

I did have the two eggs mashed up with 2 tsp mayo. I could have SWORN that my guide said 1-2 teaspoons of condiments such as ketchup, mustard or BBQ sauce (which it DOES) except NO MAYO ON THAT LIST!! :shock:

...my eyes must have played a trick on me! I must have seen these words: 'condiments', 'mustard', and further down on the page: 'low fat or low carb dressing' and these old eyes just assumed MAYO! :eyecrazy:

I did use 2 tsp low fat mayo

Please dont punish me :whip:

I put my 2 "sandwiches" together on large lettuce leaves and munched away! They were delicious!!

Now I know better as far as the mayo goes
and - as I said - I am really not a big egg eater. Funny, my friend Jill and I have decided to start walking every night after dinner and we are going for our walk in a few minutes; My husband told her not to lag behind! He said,"If you see her high steppin' - dont lag behind ... she had EGGS for dinner!" I thought we'd all die laughing! :roflmao:

As always, thanks for the info
Talk later :byebye:
Cathy

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 17th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Yep, many people will be dining on hard-boiled eggs this week! I believe the day after Easter is known as National Egg Salad Sandwich Day.

You could always use your low fat salad dressing to mix with the mashed up hard-boiled eggs...

When a person is on the weight loss phase of the program, we do not recommend that you combine a Medifast packet with other food because each packet is a complete meal in itself. When we add other food to it, such as the Lisa explained above, it makes the meal a double meal.

Eating a small salad and a packet of Medifast Soup seems harmless enough but it adds more carbs to an already nutritiously balanced meal; the additional carbs can affect weight loss.

I am glad that you re-read the Quick Start booklet - sometimes we overlook things and it is good for all of us to review it occasionally.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.