EAGER for time to speeeed up!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

EAGER for time to speeeed up!

Postby StrivingSister » March 1st, 2006, 4:18 pm

Hello Everyone! Closing in on day 12 today, and doing okay. No cheats, good amounts of water, and now regualr 2 1/2-3 hr intervals b/t meals.

The problem is that I haven't really seen the scale move since last week. Now, my TOM was about 5 days delayed and is still going on (I read a lot of posts about soy/fat-burning state/estrogen). I also have a pretty bad cold :cry: that has kept me in my apartment for the past two days (and likely a day or two more)! Not to mention that I haven't had a major BM in about 3 days (which is unusual) - however, I don't really "feel" constipated if that makes sense?

That's why I want time to hurry up so that I can finish my cycle, get better, and have a nice "trip to the sandbox" as Nancy calls it. Then I should see my "real" progress!

I'm hanging in here and I recently acquired a Health Advisor, so I am hopeful.

Any Thoughts?

Keep Shakin'!
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » March 1st, 2006, 4:50 pm

Hi SS,

You are hanging in there and doing all the right things. That is your part! The rest of the story is that you will see good things happen soon and be happy again! :lol:

Keep hangin in, Sis. We're hanging in with you! :hug:

Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » March 1st, 2006, 4:55 pm

Me again after logging in. :oops:

Same song, same verse! :whistle:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby falisamarie » March 1st, 2006, 5:42 pm

Hi there! Hope this finds you feeling at least somewhat better :hug: You have already gotten some really good words of encouragement but even though you do not feel constipated I would still try something like some sugar free Metamucil if I were you. I don't think you should go for 3 days without a "trip to the sandbox" If I am wrong someone please correct me but even so I don't think the extra fiber would hurt.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 2nd, 2006, 9:22 pm

Hi there Sister :wave:

There are LOTS and LOTS of threads here on the "sandbox" issue. I recommend reading through this one. It's informative -- but even more than that -- it's just absolutely hilarious. It's so funny, that I even recommend those of you who aren't having bathroom issues to read it for a good chuckle. I remembered the thread from last year when I was on the program -- it stuck with me all that time.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2092.html

Enjoy!!!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby StrivingSister » March 3rd, 2006, 7:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Scrabbler! I needed that! I mean, literally!

I appreciate it!
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister

Postby Dayna » March 3rd, 2006, 9:59 am

That post Scrabbler linked to is SO funny! I was reading it late last night, after my husband had gone to bed, and I kept bursting out laughing and then having to catch myself.

StrivingSister, I sure hope you're feeling better. I was about to say that I hope everything comes out all right, but I think I'll try to maintain some level of dignity and decorum. ;) In the meantime, I bet you've got a pretty significant number drop to look forward to, after TOM takes off and the sandbox is successful!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 9th, 2006, 9:52 pm

There are some natural herbal ways as well. I would recommend taking flax seed oil tablet and psyllium husk on a daily basis as a supplement. For those times when you feel you need a laxative try Cascara Sagrada.

I copied this information from health information but encourage you to do your own research

Flax seed contains lignans that have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties. Flax seeds have the richest source of lignans, 100 times more than the next best source, wheat bran. Flax seed also contains lecithin which emulsifies fat and cholesterol. These little seeds improve digestion, help stabilize blood glucose levels, fight tumor formation and enhance cardiovascular health. Oil extracted from flax seed is unique because it contains both essential fatty acids: alpha-linolenic, an omega-3 fatty acid, and linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, in appreciable amounts. Flax seed oil is the world's richest source of omega-3 fatty acids at a whopping 57% (over two times the amount of omega-3 fatty acids as fish oils). Omega-3 fatty acids have been extensively studied for their beneficial effects.

Psyllium husk soothes the ling of the bowel and should not be compared to an insoluble fiber such as wheat bran and oat bran, where irritation and allergic reactions are often present. As an excellent source of fiber, Psyllium puts no strain on nerve reflexes, does not damage bowel tone and is safe for long term use.

Cascara sagrada is a natural laxative that comes from the reddish-brown bark of the Rhamnus purshiana tree native to the Pacific Northwest. It was used by various Native American Indian tribes, who also passed their "sacred bark" on to Spanish explorers. The value of cascara sagrada as a laxative is clear for easing constipation, when it's taken properly and at a safe dosage. In fact, cascara is such a mild laxative that it can safely be used by the elderly and for the mild constipation that can occur following anal or rectal surgery as it prevents the pressure and pain associated with hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
A bowel movement usually will take place within six to eight hours of taking a typically recommended dose of cascara sagrada.

Again I encourage you to do your own research. Cascara Sagrada should NOT be used on a daily basis.

All of these can be found at Wal-Mart, Walgreens or a health food store. Hope this helps!!

-Geri

[/b]
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.