Dont get sick

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Dont get sick

Postby LeeannNH » September 17th, 2005, 4:24 am

"dont get sick"

these words are burning in my brain this morning! last night my husband and i went out to dinner with another couple that we are really good friends with. they are awesome people and have been extremely supportive of my eating plan. they have cheered for me and given me tons of support. however last night was the second time that they mentioned my weight loss in a negative light. the first time they said something, they said that i needed to "eat something" and "how do you only eat liquids?" they have seen me eat my lean and green and have seen my shake/pudding/oatmeal regimine. then last night, i was eating my steamed chicken and brocolli at our favorite asian restaurant and they asked me to try different things. when i declined and said i was actually finished they commented on how fast i was losing and they hope that i dont get sick. my husband spoke up immediately, saying that i am having more nutrients in 1 day than he has in 3. i was really happy he spoke up for me. i guess it just upset me, i started worrying that they were right and then i got mad at myself for even thinking that. i know mf rocks and that i feel better than i ever have.

i guess i just needed to hear if you guys have experienced this kind of thing before and how you handled it? if my husband hadnt been there im not sure what i would have said. i know they didnt mean anything by it, they are just worried i guess.

anyhooo---thank you guys for reading this and any advice would be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » September 17th, 2005, 7:35 am

Leeann..... :hmmm: ......I'm sure your friends meant no harm.... :rose: ..and they love you.... :scratch: ....however many people are uneducated regarding Medifast and they seem to group this plan in with the many crazy.... :goofy: ....unhealthy diets out there...... :huh: .......and then there are some who just love to voice their opinion even though they were not asked..... :shock: ......or even worse.... :twisted: ....the jealous ones who don't have the courage to do this themselves and are just foaming at the mouth hoping you'll gain every ounce plus more back so they can snicker...... :point: ....(the "I told you so people")....... :shoot: .....I guess in many paths in life there will always be those people...... :hug: .......The BALCONY people....... :roll: .....and then The BASEMENT people....... :whoohoo: .....the optomist and ....... :nonono: .....the pessimist...........I could go on & on...........however ..... :you: ....YOU know first hand how healthy this is.... :yay: .....how good you feel.... :pigsfly: .....the flab is flying...... :yes: ......the positives go on & on...... :secret: ....try hard not to let the opinions of others.... :hug: ..... even those with good intentions ........rent space in your head....... :nonono: .....there is no room there for "stinkin thinkin"............no need to defend yourself...... :D ...just smile and thank them for their concern and let them know you trust your Dr. or your own judgement in your personal health......... :D ......... and then change the subject.......... :mrgreen: ......Remember..... :you: ...YOU ARE DOING GREAT and taking control of your health...... :bravo: .....and your efforts will be rewarded.....keep shakin...... :dance: ......

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » September 18th, 2005, 5:17 am

LEEANN--

No one says it better than Donna and Nancy..They are so wise about this kind of stuff.. :mrgreen: with that said let me add-- You are doing great and you know you are a MF success so keep rocking on friend.. let the pounds fall where they may :shock: and keep your chin up.. YOU CAN DO THIS and I know you will cross your finish line :D . Have a great blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » September 18th, 2005, 3:34 pm

thasnks martha and donna! :mrgreen:

it is really hard to hear things like this, as i am sure you both have heard it before too. alot of people mention the oprah diet, where she lost all of that weight on a liquid diet (i believe it was optifast) and pulled out the amount of weight on that wagon.

yall are both inspirations to me, ive followed your successes throughout my mf journey and am so glad there are successes like you to pull me through these rougher times.

on another note: martha i am so glad to see that you are doing well. i was so worried for you.

thanks guys and i will keep your words in mind for the next hurdle

leeann ;)
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.