Does anyone know....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Does anyone know....

Postby skyflier » October 24th, 2005, 7:28 am

Can you still order the large boxes of 18 shakes to a box? It's more economical for those ordering large quantities. Of course, I've always wished that they would package the shake powder in a large tin with a scoop. That should really cut down on costs. Excessive paper products and cardboard packaging increase costs and are less environmentally-friendly. That's just IMHO :):)

Thanks for the responses - this is such a supportive board!
Lynne
skyflier

18 pkg to a box

Postby Jan » October 24th, 2005, 8:10 pm

Hmmm Lynne,
I've not heard about the 18 count boxes so maybe they are no longer available. One way to save $$ is to go on autoship. That way you will be saving a % of cost with each order. The % increases the longer on autoship. Then, if a product happens to be on sale, you may order a case -- 10% discount and add the autoship discount on top of that -- a great deal.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2005, 11:07 pm

skyflier ~

The boxes of 18 packets are manufactured specifically for use by docs in their clinics and are sold only to docs, not by Medifast Diet to the public and not through Take Shape For Life...

re: cans with scoops...IMHO. this is not a good idea for most people with food issues...pretty soon they will be putting in three scoops instead of the prescribed two, etc. most of us need help with portion size…I agree with you regarding the packaging, etc. but in the thick and thin of it all, I need to know exactly how much of a food item I can safely scarf and not gain weight…In my before Medifast days, I chose the wrong size spoons, the wrong size scoops and the wrong size plates – I went for ladles, flour scoops and platters…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2005, 9:31 am

Yup, you are so right about the convenience aspect!

Can'tcha just see me trying to force a canister of powder into my leopardy purse or bookbag? Hauling out a can from my briefcase in a restaurant, in a train or commuter bus and stirring a couple of scoops into a water bottle? I'd have a cloud of Medifast powder surrounding me and leave a trail wherever I go...Hah! There's a picture or you...Mrs. P with a line of Orange Delight and dogs, cats and ants following close behind taking little lickies of my shake trail!

Skyflier, I do like the idea of less cardboard packaging and waste, 'though.

Our Preferred Client Club is a great way to save for all of us. Thanks for the good reminder, Jan. It assures us that we do not run out of Medigrub, it saves time, and for many of us who have been on it for some time, we save 12% off our monthly product order. This month I got a case of Chai Latte - it is on sale for $9.50 per box, 12 boxes to a case, got the 10% case discount PLUS the 12% Auto Ship discount - pretty cool, huh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.