Determination pays off

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Determination pays off

Postby Lisa in NY » September 10th, 2005, 6:48 am

Determined to stick with this through my 3-4 week stall, the scale has finally moved again - down 2 more pounds for a total of 17 lbs. in 5 weeks.

24K, I took your advice and have been drinking lots of water (which is not easy for me...by the way, how much of our water allotment can be from diet soda?) and I plan to make a habit of it, just as I've made Medifast a new habit.

I recently took a class at work re time management and one of the things they told us is that it takes 21 days to form a new habit - so we can assume that after 21 days on Medifast, this should all be pretty much routine for us. I think it's true....so my next goal will be to drink at least 64 oz. of water every day for the next 21 days (wish me luck!) :D

Lisa
(crawling slowly to the 20 club!)
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » September 10th, 2005, 7:32 am

Cool! Congratulations!

If you go over to the "Elevator" forum you will find a post I've written about Plateaus. I should have thought to suggest you read it when you first mentioned the problem -- it does happen to most folks right at week 3 or 4, but if you persevere through it then things pick right back up again.

As for the diet soda thing, my understanding is that they don't really count toward your water. I used to be addicted to diet coke, and once I started drinking all the water necessary on MF I pretty much cut back to one a day (I don't drink coffee, so I have to get my caffeine somehow).

One thing I think does count, and that I use, are the no-calorie no-carbs flavored carbonated waters that my grocery store sells. I'm particularly fond of the strawberry-kiwi flavor. My kids have even decided they like it, and as a result are drinking more water and less soda, which can only be a good thing.

Hang in there. This is fun!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to The Weight Room