2d Day!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

2d Day!

Postby jenn161012 » September 4th, 2005, 3:34 pm

My name is Jennifer and I live in St. Petersburg, FL. I wanted to introduce myself because I am sure that all of you will see me around the board. I am happy to share my successes with all of you and seek encouragment if I falter from the plan. I started dieting at 235 but went down to 228 before starting MF (btw, I am 5'7''). My goal is 140, so I will be here for awhile!

Before starting medifast I researched many different diets and believe that Medifast is the most nutritous of all the meal replacement plans available. I was shocked yesterday when I tasted my first shake (vanilla) because it was so good. I took the advice I saw on one of the topics and purchased a magic bullet because I didn't have a regular blender. I love the froth on the top of the shake!

I purchased my 28 day supply directly from medifast. After placing that order, I did register with Nancy as my health advisor. How do I find coupons? I did a bit of exploring and found the preferred customer plan but at checkout is the discount taken automatically?

Thanks!
jenn161012

Postby mytime » September 4th, 2005, 8:43 pm

Jennifer - WELCOME !!! Don't know word one about any coupons - sorry. Would like to know so if you find anything out tell me. What I do know is that MF works better than anything I have ever tried and like many others I have tried them all. Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to your posts. The first three days are the hardest then it is just a matter of one shake at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome mytime! :D I am so happy to be here, and for the first time in years I feel as though my ideal weight is in reach. I keep visualizing myself thin and remembering what it was like to be able to do a sit-up without a big roll of fat getting in the way.

Now that my second day is over, I admit that it was harder than the first. I've had a headache all day and night. Also, I ate a few more ounces of chicken breast than I am supposed to... but other than that, I haven't cheated.

I do have a question as to the ounces of lean protein that we need to eat. Is the weight as stated in the quick start program the raw or cooked weight? I know this may sound ultra technical but meat loses about 1/4 of its weight after it is cooked so that can make a big difference.

Postby doglover » September 5th, 2005, 7:54 am

Hey Jenn - just wanted to add my welcome too. Sorry, the forum is a bit sparse of people this weekend w/ the holiday and all. I don't know about coupons either - sorry.

I also don't know about the cooked/raw question as I do the full fast. I'm just not much help am I???

Welcome aboard, someone w/ more knowledge than me will be along shortly!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shortgirl » September 5th, 2005, 12:10 pm

I believe you weigh your meat after you cook it. Judy from Iowa. There is something about that from Nancy in another area of the forum.
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby mama of 2 » September 5th, 2005, 3:51 pm

Hi Jenn
I just started Tuesday.
Don't know any of your questions either. I do five packets a day no food.
and drink at least 64 ozs of water. Are you drinking all of your water? I think I read it some where on here. That if you don't drink enough water you can get dehydrated.
Stick with it. (I have already lost 8 Lbs.)
Hope to here a lot more from you.
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Day 2

Postby Jan » September 5th, 2005, 7:00 pm

Hi Jenn,
You are right, Medifast is the best!! You'll lose weight quickly and safely. Now to your questions-The coupon is for first time orders. You weigh your meat after it is cooked. You are correct meat does lose weight when cooked -- more or less depending upon your choice. I'll enjoy watching your weight come down and welcome to the forum!! It is a great group of supportive people who are more than happy to help one another. I think people do best on program when they join the forum. I'll be watching :for you :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby sprgrammy » September 5th, 2005, 7:53 pm

Welcome Jennifer, So happy to have you on board. You really are going to love this place. You will find all you need here. Blessings, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby estrellita » September 6th, 2005, 8:43 am

HI Jenn, great to meet you! today is my 2nd day as well. :D It's nice to find someone starting the same time as me.
start date: Sept 4, 2005
goal: lose 20 lbs
estrellita

Postby Nancy » September 6th, 2005, 9:04 am

Jennifer ~

We are happy to know that you are on your way to your weight loss goal and busy reading the Forum and your Quick Start Booklet. In no time at all, you will have the Lean and Green requirements down and it will be easier to prepare and plan your meals.

Yes, meat does shrink up when cooked and all meat portions are cooked weight.

In order to get a coupon and the discount it affords, it must be applied at the time the first order is placed, not retroactively - it is best to always talk to a Health Advisor FIRST before you place an order. Since you are not a registered user yet and appear as a Guest, I am unable to contact you...you may send me a PM, if you'd like.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

WELCOME

Postby I'm a loser » September 6th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Welcome Jenifer,
The first three days are the hardest-I spent mine in bed! But you begin to feel like a new person after that. I have been on the plan since July 12 and have lost 32 pounds so far! It has been really easy to follow. I mostly have 5 supplements and nothing else- once a week, I add a lean & green(usually fish). I am currently at 229 and need to get to 199 quickly for medical reasons. I do plan on staying on the plan beyond the 199 mark, so it looks like we will be on the plan for about the same time. I think the key is the variety of foods and the chocolate pudding and hot cocoa(my favorites!) and this board...I come here often when I feel alone or like I'm going to slip and the support here is great! So, welcome & let the losing begin....
Have a great day!
:lol:

Ivy
35 Years Old, 5'4"
Start Date: 7/12/05
261/219/199- First Goal
I'm a loser
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 10:32 am

Jenn....... :wavie: ...welcome to you.... :D ....so glad you have joined us.... :yes: ...this forum is a wonderful addition to an excellant program...... :secret: ....have FAITH and follow the plan........ :yay: ....and the rewards will be many

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.