!st day for Me & Hubby!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

!st day for Me & Hubby!!

Postby SexyMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 12:28 pm

Hey Everyone out there in MF Land! FINALLY I get to write in here that it's our Official First Day on the Medifast 5/1 plan! 8)

My Husband & I started this morning so we are on our way!! I hope to be in the 20 pound club before my 5 weeks are up :D And my Husband would LOVE to get to the 40 pound club or beyond! :grin: I am 35 and currently weigh 170 at 5'7". And he is 45 and (I think - he hasn't really told me) :oops: 235 and 5'10".

Sooo - we followed a few of the Veterans recipes for our 1st day. My Husband is not huge on Oatmeal so I whipped us up a batch of cookies for our breakfast - they were definitely "CHEWY" as Nancy would like to put it! Not in a bad way of course.....I don't think I want them EVERYDAY...
But they will make a good change every now & then. :bananadance: Shake things up a little bit!

Then I made us a double batch of Chili in the crockpot last night & divided it up into 4 tupperware bowls. I fixed it up a little with some of the recipe ideas I found on the Lean Cuisine forum. I must say that the first 8 bites or so were surprisingly tastey......then it got a little harder to swallow after that....but still better than nothing at all! I think I was more impressed with it than my Husband. He was expecting to taste the Real thing....he'll get used to it though...at least he better!! :stickwack:

So I had a Root Beer Float as my 1st shake on the MF plan - and I LOVED IT!!! I really did! I'm not crazy :goofy: I mixed the French Vanilla with a 1/2 can of Diet Mug Root Beer & added a shot of DaVinci Vanilla Syrup. It was AWESOME!! :yippee:

I'm currently working on an Orange shake that I also added a 1/2 can of diet Orange Crush - it is REALLY ORANGY.....but still quite good!

I made my Husband an Orange, Banana, Pineapple shake this morning and he doesn't have a blender at work to re-mix it so he said it was good - but a little on the "gritty" side.

I have a blender at work so I was able to add a few icecubes and re-mix it & it was wonderful & frothy. I'll have to get him a blender!!

Now the bad part - I have a terrible cold so this is probably not the best day to start this diet - but I can't wait any longer....so I don't know if it's the cold or the Diet that has given me the .....gasp - runs.... :shock: I have been in & out of the bathroom ALL day here at work! Which is a real pain in the butt....no PUN intended :? Considering I'm a Police Officer and have ALOT of paraphenalia on my waist to remove & replace!! :whattha:

But - all in all - I think we are doing OK for the 1st day. And we are looking forward to our Lean & Green this evening. The challenge will be cooking for our 3 daughters ages 3, 9 & 13 while keeping ourselves In Line!! :3head:

Thank you to everyone that has given us an overabundence of info., support & recipes!!! I'll keep you posted with our progress as the weeks go by. You are ALL an inspiration & I hope to have successful stories to share with you as well!

:stroll: Tammy & Jim
SexyMomma

Postby MusicalMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 12:43 pm

Hi Tammy & Jim!!! Welcome! :D

My hubby and I started last Sunday. Rest assured, the "runs" usually let up in a few days. I'm sure some of our veteran medifaster's will be along soon to give you lots of helpful hints and support!!

One good meal for the kids (we have four) get chicken breast for you and hubby and drum sticks for them. I did shake n bake for the kids and added Mrs. Dash seasonings to ours...they had salad right along with us and I made them a side of rice pilaf. So the family dinner tradition is still alive and everyone was happy :)

Keep us posted on your progress, lean on us for support, we're all here for on another :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 22nd, 2006, 12:49 pm

Welcome Tammy and Jim

Let me first say thank you Tammy for your work as a police officer and I for one think you guys are way under paid :(

Welcome to the team here :goteam:

Like Joyce said you can continue to eat as a family and that is what is great about this plan. ;)

The first three days are the hardest but after that it is smooth sailing!!

Good luck to you both and keep us posted

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SexyMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 1:05 pm

Thanks Ladies! The dinner idea sounds like a plan Joyce! If you can do it with 4 kids then I should be able to tackle it with 3. My daughters have been so funny - when they have a friend over they take them straight over to the 2 kitchen cupboards that house our MF meals and show them off! They are so proud! I even tested my cookies out on our oldest daughter and her friend - they LOVED them! :bib:

And thank you Lisa for the kind words regarding my profession. :hug: I have always said that I don't do it for the $$ that's for sure! It's a job I love and wouldn't give it up for anything. I will actually be able to retire from it in less than 6 years. I can't WAIT! I can finally be a "stay at home Mom"....but there won't be any kids to stay home with by then!@!
:partytime:

OK so now I am trying to figure out that cute little ticker you all have on the bottom of your posts - if I did it right then it should show up this time....we'll see how I did....if it's not there - then someone please send me HELP!!! :help: I will have to figure out a way to do 2 of them - one for me & one for Jim. :roll:

Thanks again everyone & I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :hi5:

:)Thank you!!!
SexyMomma

Postby Serendipity » January 22nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

Hi,

You copied the url, you need to copy and paste the bbcode below that. :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Ticker - re-try!!

Postby SexyMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 1:15 pm

Thanks Jo!!
OK - let's see if it works THIS time!!
Tammy

YEAH!!!!! It works!! Now I have to work on Jims!!!

<edit>moved ticker to signature - UT</edit>
SexyMomma

Here's one for Jim

Postby SexyMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 1:19 pm

All right - I'll stop adding posts now & boring you out of your wits!! :hammerhead:

I am jusy so proud of myself! Jim has NO IDEA that I've done his ticker for him though!!! :hug:

Tammy & Jim

OK - now how do I always add it w/o having to go back to ticker.com each & everytime?? - Thank God I'm a Cop & not a Brain Surgeon!!! :question:
SexyMomma

Hello

Postby LovenElvis » January 22nd, 2006, 1:38 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say :wave: .

This is my 4th day on MF. I'm hoping to start on the receipes today. I need to keep things simple because my work only has a microwave.

I hope to be able to find more with chili. I would like to be able to have them but just plan and few spices didn't do it for me :(

But it's a work in progress. :)

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Here's one for Jim

Postby Dayna » January 22nd, 2006, 2:57 pm

SexyMomma wrote:OK - now how do I always add it w/o having to go back to ticker.com each & everytime??

Click on "profile" up at the top. That's where you can edit your signature, which will (if you want it to) show up every time you make a post. Simply copy and paste your ticker bbcode directly into the signature box, and voila!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » January 22nd, 2006, 3:01 pm

You need to go back to the website each time you want to change the ticker, but you could do both tickers at once by creating them separately and pasting them both to your profile.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby cydj21 » January 22nd, 2006, 4:24 pm

Welcome to you both, Tammy and Jim! :wave:

I must say, your root beer float recipe sounds amazing! I am still hunting around for a deal on the Davinci syrups, but when I locate some, I am definitely going to try that out. (I'm a poor college student, so getting a deal is always a high priority! :mrgreen: )

As far as the runs go....I had no problems with that after day one. Also, I don't have a gall bladder anymore and that tends to make me more susceptible to getting the runs (all this personal info :oops: ), and I've actually felt better this past week than I usually do. In other words, I think things should be better for you in that department real soon. :D

Congratulations to you and your husband making this great step forward together! Also, congratulations onhaving great kids who are supportive and proud of your decisions. Remember the first few days are the hardest so be strong for each other.
:goodluck:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.