On day 10 and I have some Questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

On day 10 and I have some Questions

Postby Katrena » July 17th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Hello everyone

I’m on day 10 and I have been taking my 5 packets and one meal, I think that I have gotten most of my water but maybe not all of it. My problem is that I went down 3 pounds and today It looks like I went up 4 pounds and I have been very emotional for 2 days now so I am not sure what all this means and it is a little frustrating so I was wondering if any body had any advise for me on why I went up in pounds thank you so much. On the good side I have had lots of energy which is good.

Thank you katrena
Katrena

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Katrena,
Usually when this comes up......and it comes up alot........we ask that you spell out your eating day with us. Tell us when you start to eat.....what you eat.......when you get your water......how much water total each day.......and be VERY specific about your lean/green meals. You've only had 10 of them so just go ahead and tell us what you've had. I know you remember them :shock: in the beginning like every bite is a pot of gold. Let's see what's going on and talk about it :D AND.......keep in mind that SOMETIMES we just have something really bizarre happen and our cycle and yadayadayada. So let's just start one step at a time shall we?

Diabetic? Any health issues? Exercising already? Give us the down low girlie and let's see what we can make happen for you this coming week.

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 17th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Katrena-

Not much to add to what Christi just said. Just wanted to tell you not to get discouraged. I have seen my weight go up 2 or 3 pounds a day & then by the end of the week I'll have a great loss. I would recommend only to weigh once a week, especially in the beginning. I have to confess that I am a daily weigher now but it no longer bothers me to see the daily fluctuations- actually I like to watch & see the trends in my daily changes. Example: I know that I usually lose all my weight at the end of the week, not the beginning.

You are doing great so don't let the scale bring you down. There are so many things that can make it change.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Katrena » July 17th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Thank you so much for going over this with me. I have my first shake at somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30, it is usually hot coco or oatmeal, I use 2 packs of splenda to sweeten it up and a little molly mcbutter the powder butter then between 10:30 and 11:30 I have a shake maybe French vanilla or chocolate and some water about one bottle 16.9oz. Then about 1:30 to 2:30 I have my next shake some times soup or vanilla shake and more water then at between 5:30 and 6:30 I have dinner, I have only had chicken and turkey burger and chicken burger I have cooked them on the barbeque out side I thought that that was not to fating. The turkey burger I put some taco seasonings and put that on top of the salad. I also have salad and cucumbers and tomatoes and ranch dressing not a lot but more then a teaspoon. the yesterday I don’t think that I go all my water in may be about 3/4 of what I needed I fill up my water bottle about 2:00 each day and drink that twice I have been drinking about 2 Quarts a day the water is peach tea crystal light. About 8:30 I have a shake and about 10:30 I have hot coco. I know that my cycle was at the end of the month in June so I should have a couple of weeks but I have been kind of cranky and sore so my be but not likely I am going to start weighing my self once a week and see if that helps thank you for your help I could not get threw that with out every bodies support

Katrena
Katrena

Postby martha » July 17th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Katerina--

Hi-- Christi pretty much covered everything I would tell you.. and I too have had that happen when I first started only to have a good loss at the end of the week.. Tom could very well have had you retain some fluids..I only try to weigh 1 time a week as the same thing happens to me.. for a day or two its like I am gaining and then one day its a loss.this will drive you crazy.. If you ride alot in a car you retain fluids as well as stress and other things.. Hang in there it will level out.. this program really works.. good luck --martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Up 4 pounds

Postby Jan » July 17th, 2005, 9:23 pm

Hi Katrena,

My guess would be that it's water weight. All sorts of different things can influence that. Hormones, temperature stress etc. The only thing -- and I'm pretty sure this isn't the cause of your 4 pounds --did you check the fat content on the turkey burger?? I thought I was fixing nice lean healthy turkey burger for my family and found out it was (the kind I was using) pretty high in fat. Depends on what they grind to make the burger. Some is pretty lean and other pretty fatty. You may want to check that out. Just keep being compliant to the program and the pounds will come off- that's pretty much a certainty.
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 18th, 2005, 12:32 am

Some taco seasoning mixes are filled with sugar, too. It depends on the brand.

Is that low-fat or fat-free ranch dressing, or regular?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.