Dang it! Grumble grumble!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Dang it! Grumble grumble!

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 19th, 2005, 3:45 pm

I just wanted to vent :x about WATER ACCUMULATION!

Now I have been back on Medifast 100% since last Sunday morning, after getting over some bug. I weighed 196 that morning.

Through this week, my weight has gone from 194 to 196 to 195. This despite me adhering religiously to the rules of the Complete Plan.

But, I have been having 2 cups of bouillon a day, plus 3 stalks celery with a bit of salsa on some days, and even those 2 dill pickles too. In the midst of staving off the hunger pangs, I stuffed myself with salt... and I now see I am not one of those people that can do that and not see the effects! ;)

Are there some of you who can eat all 3 of these things - bouillon, celery AND dill pickles - and be fine? Am I just a freak of nature? Or do most of you just pick 1 salty extra per day to snack on?

I am sure that I must have lost more than 1 pound in a week back on plan. Yesterday I just had the bouillon, no celery or pickles... and now I am cutting back on that too. No salty stuff today.

Sniff! I do love the veggie Better Than Bouillon. Yummy! But MAJOR BLOATAGE from 2 teaspoons!

So now I am waiting to see how long it takes to get my lovely water storage gone... hopefully a bit will come off for Roll Call on Sunday morning! :lol:

I know there are some of you out there who feel my pain hehehe!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Re: Dang it! Grumble grumble!

Postby Spunky » March 19th, 2005, 5:08 pm

WaterGirl, I feel your pain.

Everytime I have any salt I gain a pound. So, I stay away from that stuff. If the scale gods are not kind to you tomorrow, then just think about the following Sunday. You will loose a bunch of that water cooler you are carrying around. You are on your way. Hang in there, we are with you all the way! :thumbup:
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

To salt or not to salt?

Postby cthrn007 » March 19th, 2005, 5:10 pm

ABSOLUTELY, I am feelin your pain!!! :roll: I love & miss the salty things but I have to choose... Sometimes I just NEED salt!! When I gained a lb. or two in a week and was 100% compliant I finally figured out that cutting out all bullion, pickles & fast soups would always take me down to a weight loss again within a couple of days!

I wouldn't worry about it but like you if I am getting frustrated with a stall or mini-gain...cut salt out and you will most likely see a difference.

You know, they have Very Low Sodium Bullion options...let me know if you want them!! I have to tweak all the soups to make them how i like them!

Hang in there!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 19th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Sarah....You can vent all you want girlfriend !!! celery...pickle..boullion..an added joy to the MF plan & for some like myself I have to pass....I don't even attempt it as i'm sure it wouldn't settle in my favor....CTHRN007....a great source I seek advice from...told me awhile ago that they don't work for her as well so seeing that I have that snail of a metabolisim I forgo it... :roll: So I feel your pain ...:(

To brighten your day or may I say have a good chuckle.. :lol: ...I had an ...EXILARATING MOMENT TODAY.......when I was getting dressed this morning I put on a pair of velour jogging pants to go walking...they previously had been snug...but today they Fell Off My Waist...I was in amazement...could it really be true.....Well let me tell you that EXILARATING MOMENT....was just that ...A MOMENT....I realized that the elastic within the waist seem had come loose on one side...hence the reason for them being so loose...oh well I had myself a good laugh... :lol: ...and continue to go walking.... :exercise:

Enjoy the night & Sarah may the Medigods bless your scale tomorrow.. ;)

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » March 20th, 2005, 9:19 am

Oh, Donna, I'm rolling on the floor! Poor girl-- how dare the MF gods toy with your emotions like that! Not to worry, though, in no time you'll have to tie all your pants on with twine to keep them from falling off!

Sarah, I saw at Roll Call that cutting the sodium must've done the trick-- yay! I try to stay away from the salty stuff, too, because it seems to keep me stuck for days like the other gals. Maybe, since you're not having the pickles or the bouillion, you could have a few extra celery stalks to make up for it? If you don't pour salt on 'em, I wouldn't think they'd make you retain water. (?) Also, if you like tea, you could have that instead of the bouillion; I'm not a tea fan in general, but I do like Celestial Seasonings' apple cinnamon tea, which I think is caffeine free and tastes like hot apple juice to me. Just a thought!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room