Confused need help.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Confused need help.

Postby Guest » February 27th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Hi all, I am not new to the medifast scene but have only been able to stay on it a few days each time I've tried it (3 times)..! I guess I have issues with the stuff and need to work them out, Medi therapy!! :lol: I am 27yrs. old @ 200lbs. I have tried to do things my way as far as other diets, yet I keep resorting back to medifast for some light of hope each time resulting in Failure. :roll: My Hubby supports me but wishes I would follow thru cause I keep spending $$$ on it.....ANYWAY, I can't stand the taste or texture of most of the meals. I've even thought it was the Lactose causing gas pains. :oops: I can sorta handle the oatmeal and bars, but the the only meal I seem to enjoy is the RTD'S . I wouldn't mind having them 5 times a day but FEAR I would be a starv'n marv'n or that my health would some how go down hill. I can say this Truthfully because I have watched my mother battle Anorexia/Bullimia half of my life resulting from her stomach surgery. :cry: :cry: :cry: It was pritty experimental back then. I work in a wharehouse and need energy for my job but I need this too because I'm at the end of my rope. I just want to feel safe doing this.I hope Nancy can input on my situation, THANX- Amber.

Postby missjessie » February 27th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Ok now this is just my opinion, but when you are truly ready you will be able top put all of your excuses aside and complete the diet successfully. Just like my husband and quiting smoking when he is in the right mind set he will do it!
I am starting the diet this week for the first time ever and I am truly for the first time realy to loose my weight.

Do not quote me but I think doing only the drinks is perfectly fine. I am sure someone with experience will come along shortly to give you more information on that soon.

Just remember the folks here are waiting here for to be ready and when you are we will all be here to support you.

Good Luck and hope to see you here soon.
Jessie E Melton
missjessie

Hi Amber,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 27th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Medifast has been clinically proven by John Hopkins, to work safely in aiding people to lose significant amounts of weight.

What I understand about it is:

The RTD are considered a meal so their full of all the nutrients that a medi-meal would have in it. Of course to do the full fast you need to have 6 rtd instead of 5 and you should be under the care of a physician.
If your doing 5-1 that could be 5 of the rtd's and your lean and green.

7 0z of fish, chicken or turkey OR
5 oz of lean beef, pork or lamb.
WITH
2 cups salad greens + up to 1/2 raw veggies(listed in the quick start guide)
OR
1 1/2 C cooked veggies

If your job is very physical you may want to try the medifast 70 which has more protein.

I am sure a health advisor will be along to assure you, and correct me if I am wrong..lol :lol: If they haven't slipped in while I was typing away.

This is very do-able.
Hope this helps,
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.