30# Club, please, Unca!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

30# Club, please, Unca!

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 7:19 am

Yay! Morning, folks! My usual weigh-in is every Thursday, but I have to do this one a couple days early since I am leaving on vacation. I just passed the 30# mark, 32 pounds to be exact. Who knows what it would be if I just had the two more days on it!

Well, I just got my morning exercise, and it wasn't wanted. I live in NYC, so I walked to work - there's a transit strike for anyone who doesn't know, and it's about 20 degrees out, so it was a bit mind-numbing!

Hope everyone's kicking butt!

Happy holidays!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby big ron » December 20th, 2005, 7:56 am

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Doesnt it feel great? You are an inspiration. thanks. What a Christmas present!!! Fellow loser Ron:dance: :dance: :yes: :yay: :yay: :kool: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bravo: :yourock:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 8:05 am

Thanks so much, Ron! Yes, it does feel great. For me it's a Hanukkah present! hahah

Don't you look forward to the day that your nickname is Little Ron? :-)

You are doing fantastic, keep up the great work!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby ljm498 » December 20th, 2005, 8:15 am

Way to go Lauren! Good job! Keep up the great work and have a great vacation!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 8:19 am

Thanks, Lynne! Happy holidays! By the way, your weight loss is truly inspiring, I hope to get there someday - sooner, rather than later!

I appreciate the great replies!

Take care!
Lauren

Postby big ron » December 20th, 2005, 8:31 am

Happy Hanukkah!!! Stay warm. :goodluck:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 8:34 am

Thanks, Ron! Happy holidays to you!
Lauren

Postby Serendipity » December 20th, 2005, 9:18 am

Wow, Lauren, you are doing great! Keep up the good work! Here's to you, girl.

:cheers:

My son lives in Hoboken and he had to get to the S&P Building (waaaaay downtown) this morning.....I'm wondering how he did that. He doesn't have a wet suit to swim across............hmmmm
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 9:22 am

Hey, Jo-

Well, depending on his role at the S&P, a lot of the finance companies (downtown, especially) arranged for bus shuttle services to get their people in as a contingency plan. That's possible. Or, he's sleeping in!

Thanks for the support, I know you're doing great as well. Are you still feeling good? I hope so!
Lauren

Postby Serendipity » December 20th, 2005, 9:28 am

Lauren, Thanks for asking....I'm feeling great! I'm learning about the term "high on life".....never understood it before. I've been down for so many years that I forgot what it felt like to feel so good. :lol:
jo
Serendipity

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 9:32 am

Isn't that amazing? I totally understand what you mean. It's interesting, because I have always gone through the motions, have a great career, lots of friends, terrific family, great social life - it all looked good. But it never felt great, because it is such an effort to be happy and "up" when you feel ugly, and huge, and tired. I have lost weight before, so I know this good feeling, but there's more of a high with MF, it feels REALLY good, right? Don't you just feel more motivated to get up and go? Like every task is easier than it was just a few weeks ago...that's the best part!
Lauren

Postby Serendipity » December 20th, 2005, 9:39 am

OMG! you are my twin! I could have written that last post! For me everything else in my life is in place. My husband is wonderful, we have a thriving CPA firm, my kids are succeeding, my house is great, my social life is great, my pets are great, etc etc etc.....to have all that and try to enjoy it when in the back of your mind every second of every day is the thought.....I don't deserve this, I'm ugly and fat...don't your people seee??? I'm not lovable or even likable this way...... I could go on and on.

Slowly those thoughts are leaving. It's a miracle. The other day, I was sitting with my husband at the computer; we were Christmas shopping. The credit card fell on the floor and I reached down and picked it up. My husband looked at me funny. He said, a few months ago, you would never have done that. Wow, he was right. I'm so glad he noticed that tiny little change in me. It will take a long time, but every day is a new day and a new little blessing.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2005, 10:11 am

I love when people we love notice the little things. It's easy for us to have a "moment," but others aren't usually so perceptive. I am glad our stories are the same, Jo, because that means that when we do lose the weight (notice I said "when," not "if!"), other areas of our lives are really good and rich and full, so we'll jump in to a really happy place! I think that's what I look forward to, knowing that if it's already good, it can be so much better!
Lauren

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 10:21 am

Lauren, I am so happy that you decided to weigh earlier than usual – woo hoo!

:shock: Minus 32 pounds of flabber!!!
:cheerleader: :partytime: :coolnana: :cheerleader: :partytime: :coolnana:

What a BIG DEAL!

You are doing great and I am thrilled for you.

Your walk to work must be refreshing – you are carrying a lot less around now – just imagine! If you had a 16 pound bag of groceries in each arm and had to lug them to work with you as you crossed bridges, walked along sidewalks, etc.

You are healthier! You are thinner! You are slimmin’ and happier! :cheerleader: :partytime: :coolnana:

Yippy skippy! :boing: :yay: :bouncie:

:whattha: Oh wow! Jo, you just had what I call a “Medifast Moment” when you realized that you could now do something that you could not have done before you started Medifasting.

I totally understand that magical moment when you realized you could do it but it was even juicier because your husband noticed it.

:oops: I used to pick things up with my toes or make a tape loop with scotch tape and affix it to the end of the yardstick to fish dropped things out from under my desk…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

I'm planning on ordering the medifast food progam

Postby Lala » December 29th, 2005, 5:21 am

As I'm new to this whole thing, I've been reading a bunch of stuff in the chat room and thougth I would just jump in and ask - Is it a good idea to order the 4 week prgram w/1 week free and free freight to start?
Lala

Next

Return to The Weight Room