40 Club PLEASE!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

40 Club PLEASE!!!!

Postby Lisa in NY » December 17th, 2005, 8:22 am

I'm so excited ! Finally made it to the 40 lb. club today!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby big ron » December 17th, 2005, 10:31 am

GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You are inspiring others {like me) thank you Ron
:goteam:
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 10:24 am

Lisa in NY ~

Congratulations to you!

Sorry that I missed this - still celebrating? I'd be braggin' BIG TIME!

How many sizes of clothing is this for you? How many inches?

What is the neatest thing anyone has said to you so far? :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » December 21st, 2005, 10:54 am

Thanks Nancy - I could not have made it this far without the support of your forum - so once again, thank you for this!

Family and friends have commented and told me I look great and to keep going. But believe it or not, NOBODY at work has said anything about my losing weight. I can't figure it out - I can only assume that I still look "big" to them so the 40 lbs. doesn't 'show' yet - or maybe I hid my extra fat pretty well. Or maybe it's because I'm still wearing the same clothes (just haven't taken the time to buy MYSELF anything new yet - wanted to wait till I reach 50 lbs. lost) Or maybe because I'm a quiet, reserved-type person most of the time at work, they don't want to say anything yet. Or maybe they're just jealous.

I went to a work Christmas party/gathering yesterday morning and saw alot of women I haven't seen in a long time and they have all gained weight. So I wasn't surprised that they didn't comment on weight. I have only told a few people at work that I'm on Medifast and I don't talk about losing weight because I do work with many overweight people and I would never want to make them feel uncomfortable. I'll just wait till I have lost so much that they can't NOT say something! I mean, how do you NOT notice 40-50 lbs. missing from someone? :?:

None of the above discourages me though, so don't worry. I have not been this weight for over 15 years so there is NO way I am stopping now. I am committed to Medifast, probably forever!

Thank you again Nancy, for all your wisdom and support :D

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 11:28 am

Little Darlin' ~

You are right-on: :kool:

:roll: I will come to the defense of some - it is entirely possible some may not notice the FABULOUS FORTY pounds of flabber weight loss because you are wearing the same clothes - it just may not be as apparent as it would be if the waist were cinched in a bit tighter.

Some probably noticed a difference but are just not sure what it is – sometimes they see a difference but just aren’t sure if it is weight-related or if you look more rested, have a different hairstyle, etc. :scratch:

Some noticed it - most likely those who have gained since your last gathering and they are :cry: sad about their own weight gain and just cannot muster enough nerve and verve to tell you that they see you slimmin' because it hurts so bad to have failed themselves and they are insanely jealous…they wanna know what you are doing, they wonder if it just might work for them, too but just cannot voice the words – they truly want to, they cannot risk having an emo break-down in your presence.

I know.

I would have given my wedding ring to have someone tell me the secret to weight loss success.

Some see your weight loss, they are happy for you, they are worried that you are finished and that you might gain it back so they are saying nothing until some time has passed. They are waiting and watching. They will tell you sometime later that you did a good job. Prove it to them that you CAN keep it off.

Some see the weight loss, they are not happy for you (because they are insanely jealous) and they are waiting for you to fail so they will feel better about themselves :bahhumbug: and their own fattyself and failures…or they are petty, jealous and dweeby peeps and because you are intelligent, you are a kind and wonderful person, you are nice-looking and now you are beginning to look even better and they are threatened by you in every sense – they are thinking, “drat! Now She’ll/he’ll really have it all together! People will like him/her better than me. She/he is better qualified for the promotion, she/he will be well-liked and I won’t be viewed as important…

Some are truly sweet and kind-hearted – they are silly with happiness for you, recognize and applaud you for your hard work, stand by you as you decline foody temptations and encourage you in your battle to win against amazing appetizer attacks and cheer loudly for your success.

We know how it feels to be losers and gainers.

We want you to be successful – now and forever in the future.

Your success today contributes to our success, too. We celebrate with you. :stroll: :stroll:

Live it up – live life to its fullest and be ye glad!
:bananadance: :whoohoo: :bravo: :coolnana: :birthday: :clap: :shades: :cheers:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Hyperion » December 21st, 2005, 11:41 am

Hi Lisa,

woohoo! We are both in the 40#s club!

As for people at work, I found out it's harder to notice the difference when you see the person every day than when you see the same person once a week/month, etc...

But if you feel like you've lost weight (which is obviously true), you're in the right way!!

Wait for summer time, when you can slip yourself in a bikini :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 12:20 pm

Vicky - yep, you are so right about people concerned about making inappropriate comments about another person's weight, age, etc. at work - many people are afraid of making personal remarks. Thanks for your insight.

Well I am just glad that we are FREE here on the MakeMeThinner and Fabulous Forum to tell you that your 40 Pound weight loss success is really a great accomplishment and we are downright happy and giddy-up giddy for you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room