50 lb club here I come!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

50 lb club here I come!!!!

Postby Lulie » August 8th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Hurray!

I finally made it! Just a little update on my life. It seems like I can never come here anymore! I feel so out of the loop.

I still will be going off MF this month. I now have a new dilemma to figure out though. I found out why I get so sick every time I eat beef. I have gallstones! I see the surgeon next week. It is getting so bad I can't even have my hot cocoa, latte, or cappuchino(sp). They all cause me problems.

I still can't afford to continue with MF, though, so I am trying to figure out what to do. Since I can't have beef, eggs, or very much cheese (even the 75% fat free gases me up now, not a full blown gall bladder attack, but a bloated gassy feeling) so I am not sure about whether I will be able to do Atkins.

It is aggravating, but what can you do?

I am thankful to have come this far though!

For those wanting to give up, hang in there. I cannot tell you how exciting it was for me a few weeks ago to get to shop in the Jr's section. Man, it has been years since I could buy anything there. I actually squeezed and squeezed and made my way into size 14 jeans! Wowee! My daughter got tickled watching me pull, tug, and jump up and down (I am not exaggerating!LOL) to get into those jeans. She say's: "Well mom, at least you didn't have to lay on the bed to get them zipped up!" LOL I got them off the clearance rack, and they were cheap, cheap, so I wasn't about to pass them up over a little thing like that. Besides, it was incentive to me to keep going. So, for anyone discouraged, just stick with it. It was just like Nancy says, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" I actually was thinking that when I was going through the racks.

That's all for now, I hope I get to check back more often than I have been able to lately!

Hang in there gals and guys, we will do this 1 lb at a time.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » August 8th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Good luck, Lulie, and congrats on the 50 pounds.

As for Atkins, it'd be a little dull, but you can certainly just stick with things like chicken and fish and veggies. He doesn't MAKE you eat beef or cheese or fatty foods.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 9th, 2006, 6:27 am

WooHoo On the #50 Club! That is awesome!!!

Good Luck with your situation!

Awesome job on the jeans! I cant wait to get there--I am sure my daughter will think I am nuts if she is with me shopping then :lol:
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 9th, 2006, 7:25 am

You will feel so much better once the ole' gall bladder comes out. Trust me, I know ;)
Arklahoma

Postby PJinCali » August 10th, 2006, 1:05 am

Congratulations on the 50# loss and good luck to you Lulie :lol:
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lulie » August 13th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Thanks so much for the support everyone! It is a tremendous help to me. You are all so wonderful.

Arklahoma, I am guessing you have had yours removed too, huh? I would have never believed how painful these attacks could be if I hadn't experienced them for myself. One good thing about it, it keeps me from cheating! LOL I am too afraid to eat anything fatty!

I have been having terrible cravings lately though. But thanks to my gall bladder problem, I don't dare cheat. LOL

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate it so much. I don't get to come here often, but when I do it is always a boost for me.

Thanks again to all.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 14th, 2006, 7:44 am

Lulie wrote: ... Arklahoma, I am guessing you have had yours removed too, huh? ...

Oh, yeah!!! My gall bladder attacks were so severe that they had me knocking on a surgeons door pronto. It hurt so bad that I literally thought I was having a massive heart attack. I was crying and begging for a narcotic, which took hours while they confirmed the diagnosis. I knew that I wouldn't be able to go without fat the rest of my life, so I let them yank it out.

Keep us posted.
Arklahoma

Postby JKSRN » August 14th, 2006, 9:36 am

Hi Lulie, first congrats on your 50# loss! Awesome!

I experienced much of what you and Ark wrote about. In fact, walking into the ER, doubled over, was asked what was wrong and I said, either, I was having a heart attack or a gallbladder attack. Fortunately, they ruled out a coronary and gave me a pain med quickly. Hopefully, you will be feeling so much better if surgery is elected.

Sorry for all your troubles and I sincerely hope that all works out well for you. Keep in touch!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » August 14th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Because I didn't fit the profile for gall bladder problems (three years ago) I was left to suffer in the ER for 4 hours until they did an ultra sound and found that I had gall stones. I had mine removed but wish I had time to make a more educated decision (I would have signed to have my leg removed if it meant the pain would stop). My weight gain happened after I had my gall bladder removed?? I wonder what kind of impact having this organ removed has on the metabolism?
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room