Chicken McNugget Withdrawals

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Chicken McNugget Withdrawals

Postby FitQueen » November 28th, 2005, 12:30 pm

I am having some serious withdrawals. I ended up binging on 10 piece McDonald's Chicken Nuggets with a small fries.

It is worst than coming off my sugar addiction. It only happens between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. This is the time that I experience the most anxiety between my husband and children (3 to be exact). Everything that bothers me attacks me during these hours ever night. Help!!!!!
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby Lauren » November 28th, 2005, 1:07 pm

I would think you should schedule a specific event or activity to take place between 6-8 each night. Go to a movie, play a card game, whatever. Actually, you might benefit from having the activity start before 6:00, so that it runs through the scary period, without you realizing.

It can be anything, and I understand it probably coincides with when you are feeding your kids. I think you just have to do it long enough to change your habits. Perhaps you can work on a crossword puzzle, or go through some recipes for future meals and discuss with the kids (I find I don't get tempted talking about food, it makes things seem more normal).

Also, I find if I give myself a lot of pre-prepared options in front of my face, things seem okay, like a bowl of steamed veggies, my protein (on a separate plate), a bag of snack crackers, large glass of water, glass of soda, etc, a shake. No, I don't eat it all at that sitting! But I know if I HAVE to, I can, and there is so much in front of me that I am not thinking about other foods. Literally, have a lot of plates and glasses surrounding you - like a FORT! :-)

Just get through a few days, and it will get easier to change up the "danger time."

Good luck!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby FitQueen » December 1st, 2005, 10:52 am

Thank you so much for that advice. I have to accept that the first week may be the hardest week in the program. I am getting through it one meal at a time. One again, thanks for your advice.
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby Lauren » December 1st, 2005, 11:25 am

Just keep on keepin' on, FitQueen, the ends certainly justify the means!
Lauren

Return to Come on in.