Chicken Allergy?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

allergies to a LOT of meat

Postby Liz85 » September 9th, 2005, 12:18 am

I thought meat allergies sounded crazy, too, until I realized that I had them. After misdiagnois after misdiagnosis, I had one ob-gyn ( of all people!) suggest that I, like her, probably just couldn't eat meat. I can eat fish, mussels, shrimp, crab, etc all day long; chicken makes me feel like I ate insulation, gives me a headache and diarrhea! Beef (eaten or smoke while being cooked) makes my throat start closing up immediately, I break out in hives, and I have stomach problems for a week! All non-seafood meat gives me migraines and TERRIBLE joint pain. I though the joint pain was all in my head until I recently read that it is a result of allergies in some cases (I onlyget the pain when eating meat). When I eat meat, I feel like I have the flu and it takes forever to get rid of the reactions.
Liz85

chicken allergy developed after flu shot

Postby xyz » October 24th, 2005, 6:25 pm

I developed an allergy to eggs and chicken after subitting to a flu shot. I get hives when eating chicken or eggs. Chicken soup or bullion is causes a strong reaction becaquse it has been cooked down and concentrated.

The terrible joint pain comment interests me. I never saw the connection until now. For 2 years after that I would have trouble sleeping because I had to get up and move around every 2 hours to try to relieve terrible all over joint pain.

Did any one else develop thier allergy after the flu vaccine?
xyz

Poultry

Postby Tim » November 10th, 2005, 7:30 am

It's interesting to read that others have allergies to chicken. I discovered approximately 28 years ago that I am allergic to poultry (chicken, turkey, duck). I get the same lump in my throat and it takes about 12 hours to subside. But I am not allergic to eggs. Someone suggested to me recently that perhaps it's the mercury in the feed/hormones fed to chicken, but I have not checked into that. I would think that it's also in the feed/hormones given to beef and pork, both of which I eat regularly and have no problems.
Tim

Re: Poultry

Postby marco » February 26th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Tim wrote:It's interesting to read that others have allergies to chicken. I discovered approximately 28 years ago that I am allergic to poultry (chicken, turkey, duck). I get the same lump in my throat and it takes about 12 hours to subside. But I am not allergic to eggs. Someone suggested to me recently that perhaps it's the mercury in the feed/hormones fed to chicken, but I have not checked into that. I would think that it's also in the feed/hormones given to beef and pork, both of which I eat regularly and have no problems.

I for the longest time could not figure out what was wrong with me every time i ate anything that had to do with any type of bird. i just avoided them completely. People would tell me i was crazy, untill the other night when i was dared to eat a chicken wing. My throat started to close on me instantly. i quickly took some benedryl that my girlfriend happend to have on her and fortunately it subsided. is there any cure for this?
marco

Postby josh » May 13th, 2006, 8:19 am

I havent been able to eat chicken/turkey my whole life.Iwas told that my allergy came from a vaccination my mother had while she was pregnant with me.The shot contained chicken embryo.I believe all were required to have it.Its always made me mad knowing that and if anyone is a lawyer,let me know if i can take legal actions.
josh

Previous

Return to The Weight Room