OK...it's called a "do-over"

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

OK...it's called a "do-over"

Postby Mom23 » March 22nd, 2006, 7:21 am

....or re-do?! Saturday was my 2nd day of MF and I posted to tell you all how disappointed I was that I could not even swallow the products I had tried. Worse than Lisa Loopner's "gag me with a spoon". After my 2nd MF meal on Saturday, it got worse than gagging (I won't go into details :shock: ), and I decided that I was probably putting my body into the starvation mode by not eating. Sooooo, I quit. :cry:

Well, just for a few days. I did stay away from breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. I tried to eat only greens and lean chicken, turkey and beef. I also only drank water.

It was bothering me so much that I could not stick to this way of life. :oops: I know it works, that so many of you have been and are successful, yet I weenied out because my gag reflex was in full swing. This morning I woke up and told myself that I was going to TRY TRY AGAIN. And I am! :o

I have had almost 4 waters and I'm now drinking an orange "slushie" and I'm not gagging! I guess if I have to live on orange slushies for a day or so then I can, but it is MF and I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for posting -- for your encouraging words to one another and to me. Keep me in your prayers so that I will change my 'tastes' and complete this program!

Bobbi
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby saraak » March 22nd, 2006, 7:33 am

Hi there,

I really hope this works out for you. Did you try doctoring some things up? Why don't you tell us what you had and we can maybe give you some suggestions so it would be more palatable? Good Luck!

Sara
saraak

Postby falisamarie » March 22nd, 2006, 7:48 am

Bobbi

I love your don't quit attitude and know that it is a winning attitude! I am assuming you made your orange slush out of the orange shake mix and one thing that I found that I love is the cranberry mango drink made into a slush type drink. I can honestly say it tastes very very similar to a fruit smoothie. If you can find just a couple of things that you can get down without gagging I think you will be very happy with the program and who knows maybe like the others have said as time goes by and your tastes change maybe you will like the other products.

For now if the only things you can get down is the orange shakes and want some more PM me and let me know what you have that you can not tolerate at this time and I will give up my orange shakes and make a trade with you so you have a better supply of them and who knows maybe there are others out there who are willing to make a swap to with you with their orange shakes!(hint hint Medifasters)

Keep us posted

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jan » March 22nd, 2006, 11:25 am

Oh My Goodness
Is that Lisa a sweetie or what?? Always trying to help out her fellow Medifasters. Plus, she herself is doing great parting with the pounds.
You'll soon be joining her and parting with those pesky pounds too. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mom23 » March 22nd, 2006, 11:53 am

:hug: Thank you all for your support and for the trade offer! This is the best group of people ever!

Lisa, I may just take you up on the trade offer if I find I still don't have the 'taste' or stomach for the things that made me gag. I will give myself a few days and then re-try them. I see where most people say that their tastes change over time, so hopefully, I too, will see a change... :)

I did try 'doctoring' up what I tried last weekend, but to no avail. I'm not sure if it was the smell or the taste -- probably both. I don't think it was the soy as I love the chocolate chip cookie dough bars from LA Weightloss and they had soy in them... but maybe not as much as MF products.

I found another food I liked today -- Banana Pudding. I've had 2 so far today. It's wonderful, even better than the orange drink I had earlier and it's also more filling. :yay: (I just had to put that emoticon in!)

I'm looking forward to the days ahead and the pounds gone! Again, thanks everybody! :cheers:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.