Burning?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Burning?

Postby Guest » March 29th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Has anyone else had the problem of extremely bad heartburn on the program? So bad Mylanta and Pepcid do not help?

I am trying to stick with the program, but I don't want to lose weight and gain an ulcer.

Help!!

Mel

Postby bzlife1967 » March 29th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Funny you should ask today! I had an orange shake and did have some heartburn after it today but I do have a hiatal hernia and citrus is one of the triggers, don't know if the shake actually has citrus in it but this is the only day in the 4 weeks that I have experienced it.

-Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

burning

Postby Jan » March 29th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Hmmmmm,
I have a very very touchy stomach and have been on various Rx medications for heartburn. But, with MF it's gone!!! No more huge bottle of Tums as my best friend either. That was one of the major benefits of program. That's generally the case. If your heartburn doesn't go away I'd check with my Dr as generally just the opposite is the norm -- bye bye heartburn :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Dayna » March 29th, 2006, 11:40 pm

Interesting, my experience has been similar to Jan's. I haven't ever been on meds, but in the months before I started Medifasting, I think was having all kinds of tummy troubles. Acid reflux at night, pains in my stomach after eating, all kinds of nastiness. Within a week of starting this program, that was all gone, and hasn't come back.

I'd definitely say check with your doctor about it.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 30th, 2006, 6:10 am

Ditto on what Jan and Dayna said. I was also having TERRIBLE heart burn and acid reflux pre-medifast. Once I got past the first week, I haven't had any issues. So, as recommended, get thee to your doctor ;)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Marseilles » March 30th, 2006, 6:18 am

Mel, are you in your first few days of medifast? I believe that for some people when they first start the program their stomachs, being unfamiliar with feeling any form of hunger, goes a little whacky and produces too much acid and causes heartburn and reflux. This is something that should pass in short order. In the meantime I would recommend lots of water and continuing with the pepcid or heartburn relief of choice. If it continues beyond the first week or so I would concur with what the others have said and recommend that you consult your MD. Best of luck to you!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » March 30th, 2006, 8:03 am

Just wanted to say welcome!

As for the heartburn I would have to concur with all the rest. After a week of MFing the heartburn was out the window!

Is it possible that maybe you are having something in your L&G causing the upset?

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Neeko » March 30th, 2006, 9:24 am

Hi, yesterday was my first day, and after my first meal (which was oatmeal), I got a slight bit of heartburn that lasted throughout the day. But when I got home and started drinking more water, it went away. Usually I eat ice and it goes away faster than when I take tums or pepcid.

Start Date-3-29-06
194/182/125
Neeko
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.