Bumming

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Bumming

Postby mmob » January 30th, 2006, 7:14 am

I know now why you should not weigh in every day. I got on today and GAINED a lb. WHAT? I haven't cheated and have been drinking my water - why on earth I would GAIN even one lb in the first two weeks is depressing. I can't stop thinking that maybe I just don't lose weight well for some reason.

It's monday - and it is raining and mushy with wet snow - I'm bumming - I wish I could hop back in bed now!

Ugh........

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 30th, 2006, 7:27 am

mmob

Don't lose heart :heart: I am just entering my third week and have quickly learned that our weight fluctuates on a daily basis. I know it is hard to stay off the scale but it really is best. I got on today and even though I showed no loss I can look at my feet and hands and tell I am retaining quite a bit of water for some reason. Just hang in there the lbs will come off!!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 30th, 2006, 7:30 am

Hey there mmob! I think your name is Maria if I'm not mistaken?? I totally understand your frustration! I felt EXACTLY the same way last Thursday, but true to form, that pound plus two more came off by Sunday. I realized that I MUST stay off the scale and weigh only once a week. It just upsets me too much if I see a slight gain. It's usually a little water retention, but it still REALLY bugs me. So I am resolved to stay off the scale until AT LEAST wednesday but am going to try to stay off til next Sunday.

Hang in there! That weight HAS to come off when you follow the program as prescribed. We just live in an "instant" society. So, it's extra hard to be patient and wait for something that we want. But the addage "All good things come to those who wait" is REALLY true in medifast realm.

Keep posting and reading posts and that weight will be going, going, GONE in a very short time (relatively speaking hehe).
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dayna » January 30th, 2006, 11:21 am

Remember that our weight fluctuates for a variety of reasons. There's a very good post in the FAQ section about starting out, and has this specifically to say about the scale:

The Scale

The scale will fluctuate from day to day. All sorts of things affect it, including stress, not enough water, a visit from ‘Aunt Flo’, a little more salt, etc. Some people who have been very committed to the program can handle seeing a 2lb. increase, knowing it’s just part of the pattern and it will go away in a day or two. For others, it ruins their day. Realize that fluctuations WILL occur, but you 'can't NOT lose weight' as long as you stick with the program. It’s a good idea (if you can do it) to only weigh once a week, because you will see the ‘averaging’ weight loss.

Keep your eyes on the long term goal, and don't get discouraged by minor fluctuations. Your body WILL get there. I recommend reading through the forum, looking out specifically for posts dealing with scales and weight fluctuations. Spend time in the elevator (the "elevator" section of this forum, not an actual elevator :D ); that's a good spot to be when you're feeling down.

If you stick with the program, you WILL lose weight. And we're all cheering you on in the process!
:cleader:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

don't worry

Postby Blondie » January 30th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Hi Mmob,
Don't feel bad or discouraged! I have been dieting forever and let me tell you, I do it all the time. It took me a long time to realize that body weight is different everyday, so just TRY to weigh yourself every Sunday or the day that you started the program. I started on a Saturday so that's when I weigh in.
I do the same thing and it's bad, because when I go up on the scale I get very angry :x and then I want to go off the diet and start eating because I say to myself "well why bother if I am going up". It could be just that the body is adjusting, also, water weight.

Think about it. Hope this helps! :)
Maria
Blondie

Up a pound

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Hi There,
It is true we all lose at our very own rate -- some faster than others. I myself am a slooooooow loser!! I've always said if there were to be a famine I'd be one of the last walking around. My body does not like to part with its fat. But, I did part with 50 pounds -- Did I do it in record time?? No :x It took me 4 1/2 months -- but I did part with it. YOu will too.
Everyone is absolutely right. All sorts of things influence our weight. Remember we are mostly water so if we retain a little more and it's easy to do :x -- up goes the scale. Not getting enough sleep, stress, the temperature etc all effect us. It's the long run we must look at. The gradual curve down as we part with the pounds. Keep going -- you'll make it.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 30th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Geez, Jan, I'd be HAPPY with 50 pounds in 4.5 months. I've been doing this for about seven months now and I'm still only around 40 pounds. Sigh.

As for the scale, not only does it fluctuate from day to day, it fluctuates minute to minute. Try it sometime: I can weigh myself first thing when I get up, sit on the couch for 20 minutes, and go back and I'll weigh something completely different - sometimes more, sometimes less.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby mmob » January 30th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Yep, I'd also be happy with 50 lbs in 4.5 months!!! THat's great!

Thanks for the encouragement - I stuck to it today - I think I drank more water than necessary but oh well. I will try with all my might to NOT step on the scale tomorrow - it's gonna be hard though!! LOL

I have to say it didn't ruin my whole day but I did stress and sweat over it for a bit this morning. I just think sometimes my fat loves me and doesn't want to leave!!

Well, I invested some cashola in this diet so I am going to see it out - and hope for the very best!

Thanks,
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Scale

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Ohhhh Nooooo
I can't try weighing myself and then go back and weigh 20 minutes later. If my weight were up I just might heave ho the old thing through the window. :x My husband is very sweet and generally nice to me but ... I don't think he'd be toooo happy about having to replace windows. :mrgreen: So, I only weigh ever other week or so. Then I know it'll be ok
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 30th, 2006, 6:03 pm

It helps me not stress so much, oddly enough.

And Maria, sticking with the program WILL pay off. It's taking me forEVER to part with the fat (mine loves ME, too), but it's still better than I'd been doing with other programs. And it may have taken seven months for just 40 pounds, but that's 40 pounds I'd still have attached to me if I HADN'T done Medifast.

We'll all get there. It'll just take some of us longer than others. (Then again, think how much we slow losers appreciate every single lost pound. You don't see many of us complaining about "only" losing 10 pounds the first week!! :mrgreen: )
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Good Advice

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Ok Robin,
You are just the best. :D Great advice and no temper tantrums.
:mrgreen: jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room