Bad tasting Oatmeal

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Bad tasting Oatmeal

Postby Pinky » September 2nd, 2006, 7:48 am

Just received 4 boxes of the maple&brown sugar oatmeal and they taste bad (all have the same batchnumber but differs from the previous complaints), they skipped another batch with flavoring. I'm going to follow Dogma's advise and try to flavor mine with sugar twin brown sugar and Maple Farms sugar-free maple syrup. The batch-number on my packets are 053106G
Pinky

Postby Elizabeth » September 2nd, 2006, 7:55 am

I just received mine Wednesday and they tasting fine so far.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Pinky » September 2nd, 2006, 8:03 am

Does yours have the same batch numbers than mine, I'm following Medifast since March and only eat the maple and brown sugar oatmeal, this is the first time I've received a bad lot, can only hope there are not more batches like mine floating around.
Pinky

Postby Elizabeth » September 2nd, 2006, 8:15 am

Mine is 0518063EXP111807DUD
I'm assuming it's 0518063
This is the first time I purchased a box other than samples so I'm not so used to it....amazing that I see NO oats in the cereal. It does taste fine though.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » September 2nd, 2006, 11:43 am

Uh, oh!

When a person gets nasty stuff, they may call the TSFL Customer Call Center at 1 (800) 572-4417 and it will be replaced. It is important to have your order number handy and the return must be made within 30 days of receiving your order.

I have not experienced the wall paper paste variety of Maple & Brown Sugar that others have reported.

Not all of the people that post on our MakeMeThinner Forum are our personal clients. Many of you order through our parent company, Medifast Diet. Those of you with TSFL Health Advisors have your own personal advocate who will help you with the process of exchanging or returning the bad product. Even though there have been several posts reporting they received nasty stuff, I have only received calls from two of our personal clients that received it but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

I wonder if the batch numbers differ and that's why Medifast hasn't been able to destroy it all.

I ordered some recently myself to be sure they were okie doke. We did not get any of the nasty stuff and neither did our daughter Becky. Our 15 month old grandson loves Medifast Oatmeal and so our families use a lot o Medifast Oatmeal. It appears that the Maple and BS is the only flavor that is devoid of flavor. Perhaps it ought to be renamed, Mapleless and sugarless, eh!

I am truly sorry about your experience. When it is time to eat and you are salivating and ready to scarf, it must be really yucky to have a big ol’ spoonful of library paste hit your tastebuds.

I think you are all so resourceful and doing the ‘Dogma Approach’ or perhaps using some Mapleline extract would help it. Mom used to use some Hamburger Helper once in a while but come to think of it, I haven’t seen any Medifast Manipulator on the grocery shelves lately! Good luck to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » September 2nd, 2006, 12:39 pm

The doctoring up helped, but in the end I actually called the company and got it replaced. I've been leery of the maple ever since, though, so I've stuck with the apple and vanilla berry (which I gather is changing to just blueberry) ever since.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2006, 8:13 am

I had some Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal yesterday and it was great.

I am sorry that yours is schlock, Pinky. Since you are a customer of Medifast Diet, (I think that's what you indicate) just give them a call with your order number and lot numbers on the packets, they will exchange them for you.

The phone number for Medifast Diet's Customer Service Dept is 1 (800) 638-7867.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Pinky » September 3rd, 2006, 12:37 pm

I phoned them and since they can't guarantee me that the replacement oatmeal will be okay I rather stick with Dogma's advice. I love the mapel and brown sugar oatmeal to much to swap it for a different flavor . Thanks for the information Nancy.
Pinky

Return to Come on in.