Back on track

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back on track

Postby sheila » April 20th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Hi everybody. I have been home for a couple days now :) . Boy am I glad I am done flying for a while. I was flying back home from my cousin's funeral in Missouri, and the plane was late getting to St.Louis :cry: airport, which in turn made me late getting to my connecting flight in Phoenix :cry: . 6 of us missed our flights to Hawaii because of that. I was standing in the customer service line, and they had, guess how many seats going to Honolulu, thats right....5! :x Sooooo, they put me up in a hotel in Phoenix, which was nice, but all my luggage had already made it to Hawaii :( .So, I was scheduled to take off the next morning. i got up, got on the shuttle, got boarding pass, and was about to go through security when I felt for my purse....it wasnt there....I had left it in the shuttle :o ! So i ran back down to baggage claim and called the hotel, they said they would be right there with my purse, it took them an hour and a half to get there. That caused me to...you guessed it! Missed my flight...Again!!!Anyway, I hung out at the airport all day and finally got on the flight back to Hawaii. Very stressful flying this time...ugh!But anyways, its good to be back ;) , getting back into my routines. I want to say thanks again for all your support through all of this. :D Your kind words about the loss in my family is so greatly appreciated. Thank you.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 20th, 2006, 1:56 pm

WOW Sheila!!!! You had a tough time of it!!!! I was getting frustrated for you just reading your story!!! How did you cope with all that stress? Glad you made it back :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheila » April 20th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Hi Joyce. I know, this was stressful. But this is how I coped. While I was in Missouri, I went to my sisters church with her on Easter, and I gave my heart back to God. My husband, son, and daughter, back in Hawaii later that day, also gave their hearts to God. So, even though it seemed like things were spiralling against me, I had faith that things would work out. And I thank the Lord that when my purse was returned to me, everything was in there. I had almost 1,000.00 cash in there, so I was scared.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jan » April 20th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Oh My Gooodness,
God was certainly looking out for you. I'm soo happy you're back home now and ready to "get going again" Let us know how you're doing. I'll keep praying for you. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » April 20th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Sheila,

That is wonderful news about you and your family. I know that it was God who sent me this program and it is God who gets me through some days and it is God that led me to this forum. He was surely watching out for you that day!

You are still in my prayers

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby supermom » April 20th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Man, that is what I call a long layover!! I hate it when that kind of stuff happens. I am glad you are back, and I hope you are doing well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 20th, 2006, 9:25 pm

On behalf of Phoenix and all Phoenicians, I'd like to apologize for the SNAFU. Everything at Sky Harbor is SNAFU. I'm just glad you're home!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 20th, 2006, 9:35 pm

So glad to see that you've made it back to the island in one piece. Now maybe things can settle down and you can get back to your normal routines.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lauradr » April 21st, 2006, 6:15 am

sheila, All I can do is say sorry and give you a big hug
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby krissss » April 21st, 2006, 7:57 am

Wow....

I bet that first hug back with your husband and kids was amazing.
I am so glad you and home safe and sound.

Take care Sheila...your MF PAL
Kriss
krissss
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.