Back on track...HS reunion 11 weeks away

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back on track...HS reunion 11 weeks away

Postby MomJackieLee » April 9th, 2005, 8:13 am

Oh boy, the dreaded reunion (20 years!!!). I didn't go to the last one because I was embarassed about my appearance. This time I'm still heavy, but going to do my best over the next 11 weeks (and go regardless). Got my shipment 2 weeks ago but am starting today/back on regular work schedule after 2 months of crazy hours.

Also Unca - being real here - put me back in the 20lb club as I have gained some back.

Thanks for all the support folks. I love the forum.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » April 9th, 2005, 10:38 am

Wow!!! I have mine in 15 weeks. For my ten year! I left high school and went right into the Navy, and I can't have anyone see me like this!!!! I am in the same boat as you! Yikes!!! We can do this! I graduated at 135lbs. I am now 171lbs. So, I bet I can lose all of it by then. Today, I just can't get motivated. It's kinda scary. I have been out to sea this past week and I forgot to bring my shakes. I stuck to mainly meats and veggies, and i splurged one day with two chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I did not gain any weight doing this, but I wonder how much I would have lost if I had brought my shakes. I was so upset that I had forgotten them. But, am extremely happy that I didn't gain a pound! So, with that, you would think I would have some motivation, eh? My son had a baseball game today and the concession stand was open... I could smell the hot dogs, and the nachos...boy was it tempting. but, i already started back on plan today, so i stuck to my guns and passed it up.

I know we can lose the desired weight before we reach our reunions... Let's keep motivating eachother!!!!

Happy losing~

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby raederle » April 9th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Just wanted to say hello, MJL! I didn't get to know you last year because I think we missed each other on the timing, but it's great to see you've returned to hop back on the wagon with us!

I hope it helps you and Tiesha to have definite events to go to in a few months, so you're even more motivated to stick with it so you can impress the bunch at your reunions! You should both wear leather pants, a la Leopard Woman, just to cause a scandal... they'll all be so jealous!

Good luck to both of you!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby dlr2424 » April 9th, 2005, 3:53 pm

JackieLee & Tiesha.....just think... :hmmm: ...11 weeks & 15 weeks...if compliant...chances are pretty good you could both be at goal........... :yay: ...and then you could strut your sexy little booties in front of all your former classmates.... :dance: ....and in the devious part of the brain.... :devious: ...... be thinking.... :nana: ... to all those skinny little snotties.... :whip: .....only for a moment though... ;) ..then we must return back to our humble selves.... :angel:
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » April 9th, 2005, 5:15 pm

you gals are too funny! i was never fat in school, not skinny either. i was in pom pons and track. i threw the shot put and discus in track. i was very athletic. but, i would like to get back down to what i was. is that possible after having two kids??? i just turned 28 on wednesday and i can remember my 18th birthday like the back of my hand. gosh, i would die to be 18 again, atleast for one day!!! i went back home a couple of times being about the same weight as i am now, so losing about 20lbs would just be fantastic!!! come on, jackielee...we can do this!!!!!! i am definitely arriving in my black leather pants! perhaps, even some stilletos (sp)... ok, maybe, i'll hold off on those! wishfull thinking, eh?
THINKTHIN

Postby 24KaratGold » April 9th, 2005, 5:56 pm

THINKTHIN wrote: gosh, i would die to be 18 again, atleast for one day!!!
On the other hand, you could not pay me enough money to be 18 again....

(Now, 28 I'll take! LOL)
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby horsey girl » April 9th, 2005, 6:42 pm

AMEN, 24K
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby bikipatra » April 10th, 2005, 3:21 am

I graduated in 1990 but I have never heard of any reunions. I am on that classmates website so they could contact me even though I am now across the country. I was so skinny in high school they called me the "starving artist". I took a lot of theater classes and wore black head to toe so it was fitting!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » April 10th, 2005, 6:41 am

Day 1 went very well. 4 shakes, a bar, and baked fish and broccoli for my lean and green. Wouldn't you know the hosp where I work had an employee appreciation ice cream social on the same day!!! I just stayed out of the area and said no thanks!!!

Day 2 - here we go.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee

Postby doglover » April 10th, 2005, 7:34 am

Good job MomJackie! Isn't it empowering to be able to say no?!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » April 11th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Day 2 & 3 down with no problems...Gotta keep it going.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee

Postby scrabbler7 » April 12th, 2005, 11:00 am

Great Job JackieLee -- you've got through the tough part .. .should be smooth sailing (or should I say shaking) from here on down!!!!
scrabbler7

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 11:51 pm

Hi MomJackieLee and Tiesha ~

You both have a special occasion dangling out before you. Mark off the days on your calendar now and be sure you are prepared daily with all your food. Think about how good those leather pants will feel. Now the stilettos may not feel as good as the leathers but they make your legs look like something else.
i am definitely arriving in my black leather pants! perhaps, even some stilletos

:lol: Funny leather pants story here. Weekend before last we went to a wedding in Lynden, WA. It is a very quaint Dutch farming community.

Very conservative area.

The wedding involved two precious people – the bride is 72 and the Auntie of my best friend BonBon, the groom is 75 and a southern gentleman. They and their mates had been the closest of friends all their married lives and both lost their spouses within the last two years. It was a God thing how they fell in love and planned this marriage.

I had made plans to meet one of our MMT Forum friends near Seattle at a Starbuck’s along our journey northward to Lynden so of course I wore my leather pants, white knit sweater and a fur vest.

I wore my black boots with heels and a black leather jacket with white accent trim on the sleeves. My hair is spiked…

Triskets :x couldn’t make it as we arrived in the Seattle area so we stopped at ‘bucky’s and then continued on our trek.

It was about 7 PM when we walked into the wedding rehearsal dinner at the church. Now most of the people in the group were relatives and friends of the bride and groom so they were, how does one say this kindly…most were grayhairs…Leopard Woman got a lot of lookyloos. The men smiled and the women stared. I think they were trying to figure out which side of the family the biker chick belonged to…

It was a total Medifast Moment: Because I can, I do!

:secret: FYI, if you get stuck without your MF packets, you can substitute with a glass of skim milk (if you can :puke: gag it down), and you will remain in ketosis.

It really does help you to stick to the plan when you have a specific reason and a specific date. However, arriving at that specific date does not mean it is a license to pork out!

Mom, isn’t that just the way it goes, right when you’re feeling confident and really serious about your commitment and then some dork has to plan a foody event?

Oh, well, you know what ice cream tastes like, you’ve had it before. It will still be around in a few months. Besides, it contains animal fat, cholesterol and it clogs your arteries. You made a healthier choice!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby doglover » April 13th, 2005, 6:52 am

GREAT story Nancy! I love that! Always pushing the envelope - this is my motto! Sometimes it makes my farm-hand dear hubby roll his eyes and then he remembers how EXCITING his life is w/ a woman like me!!!

Ok, here's a way personal, kind of funny story - last night I was making body shadows on the wall w/ my new trim bod - it was very cool and very fun - BEACUSE I NOW HAVE A COOL SILOUETTE!! ;)

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » April 13th, 2005, 9:41 am

:wave: Oh, yeah, Donna :cool: - are you a Leopard Woman, too?

It is really fun to enjoy life again!

My conservative husband and I have been married for 34 years, 10 months and 10 days and he never ceases to be amazed.

I am sure he wonders where in the :hatch: world I came from.

:hmmm: I love my life and I hope it shows. :leopard:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to The Weight Room