OK - I'm Back!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

OK - I'm Back!

Postby brown1823 » January 21st, 2006, 8:14 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to re-introduce myself. The first time I tried Medifast I did terrific. I lost about 40 pounds. I was doing great until... well let me just give you a little bit of background. My husband and I are adopting. Everything was going ok. We had a referral for a beautiful baby girl in Russia. After waiting 8 long months we lost her. Three days before we were to get her the birthmother showed up at the orphanage and got her. I was so hearbroken and so depressed that I ate and ate and ate. Needless to say I am back at where I started. I have now recommitted to this diet. My husband and I have been on it 13 days. The first week I lost 16.6 lbs and my husband lost 13 lbs. I don't know what I lost the second week since we weigh on Sunday. I am trying to not be so obsessive about the numbers and weighing 10 times a day. I even went so far as to put the scale on a high shelf so I would not be tempted to weigh myself during the week.

Sadly I have a ton to loose. My goal weight to loose is about 120-130lbs. Right now I am trying to think about it in small amounts... 10lbs at a time. So any encouragement, motivation, ideas send them my way. Also, put in a little prayer for our new referral. We just accepted her officially on Friday. We hope to travel sometime in April. I would really love to loose 50+lbs by then. Well at least enough to fit comfortably in the airplane seat -- hee hee.
:mrgreen:
brown1823
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby sidrah » January 21st, 2006, 10:19 pm

Hi,
Our paths never crossed, but I wish you luck with your endeavor :heart:.

I know you will do great because now you have somehting to work for and towards. April will be here in no time and when you think you are having a rough day food-wise, just know that getting through that day gets you one day closer to that flight. You and your husband are great people and deserve great things. Keep up with the good work, in the end you will see all of your effort is rewarded. :hug:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 22nd, 2006, 10:43 am

I'm so sorry about the first baby, but congratulations on the second one!! What a great motivation for losing weight. I can't wait to see your progress pictures - with your new baby!!

Welcome back!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 22nd, 2006, 4:05 pm

Wow, that must be an incredible roller coaster, I'm sorry that happened to you. Good luck with the second try and I'm praying that things go perfectly for you.

With Medifast by your side YOU can lose 100+ pounds. You can. I agree with Robin & Sidrah about using that airplane as your first goal. You'll get there and just keep on going!!!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:44 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your first child. That must have been heartbreaking! But a big, huge congratulations are in order for you and your hubby. You're giving both him and your baby girl such a gift of keeping yourself healthy so you can be with them for a long, long time. I'm sure you'll get those 50 off by April when you go and bring your little one home.

Good luck on your journey, both with your adoption and your Medifast!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club