Back from camping......

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back from camping......

Postby DonicaB » June 5th, 2005, 7:36 am

Well, I am back from camping and was very happy to sleep in my own bed last night. :snooze: Although the bed in our camper is not too bad, it certainly isn't my bed at home.

First let me start off by saying, :coach: I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!! I worked so hard to make sure I got everything that needed to be packed, packed, but failed to pack........you guessed it.........my shakes. I did pack the bars and even my SF Jello, but didn't get the shakes. How dumb was that. I even had ordered the RTD shakes for convenience. Needless to say, I went off plan. I didn't totally gorge myself with food, but I certainly didn't do great either.

To be honest, I don't really feel bad about it. I'm not happy with what the scale said this morning......but I don't really feel bad. I had a great time visiting with my family. (who noticed immediately that I had lost weight ;) )

One nice thing is that I could slide myself into my Neoprene fishing waders without having to jump up and down to get them on. (Believe me that is quite a site). We caught a lot of fish (trout). I love trout fishing with my family. We wade through the Current River here in Missouri at Montauk State Park. It is beautiful there and so relaxing.

The scale says I am up 5# but I am also just a day or so away from TOM and I know I did not get my water in while I was gone. :water: I feel good this morning and have been trying to read as many posts as I can to get caught up. I am determined to get right back at it and to keep losing.

I took a step or two backwards but I am not going to beat myself up over it. I have already drank a lot of water this AM and had a shake so I am ready to roll. :redprowl:

I missed you guys.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » June 5th, 2005, 7:07 pm

...........Well Thank God your back....... :D .......I was really missing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... :yes: .....I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself..... :clap: ....your vacation.....and your family..........and so glad they noticed the melted away flabbage....... :thumbup: .....and 5 lbs................you'll have that off in record time..... :drive: ......so welcome home.......I'm happy your back.... :hug: ....
Donna......dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 5th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Donica-

I am so happy you are back! :-P Things just are not the same here without you and your humor. I am glad you such a nice trip. Nothing beats spending time with the ones we love. :mrgreen: I agree with Donna, you will have the 5 pounds gone in a jiffy. :D 8) :lol:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 5th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Donica--

I know you are frustrated with yourself :x but you should feel proud that you didn't gouge yourself.. I probably would have been so mad at myself that I wouldn't have cared one way or the other.. Glad you had a great vacation and really glad your family noticed the new you.. That counts for alot.. you'll have that 5# off in no time.. just hold your head up and don't feel guilty.. you enjoyed yourself and I know you are glad to be home and in your bed..
We are getting ready to go to Branson on the 16th of this month and have been worried about forgetting my shakes.. Love Missouri-- :lol: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 2:57 am

You did NOT take a step back!! You forgot your shakes YES.......but you didn't just MAKE THE DECISION to go off plan! You didn't just say FORGET IT while I'm on my trip. And then I KNOW you didn't just gorge and induldge the whole time or you would have gained a LOT more than 5lbs!! This is not even an issue.........I repeat........you did NOT take a step back or do anything wrong. You are human and you forgot something...........OH MY GOSH.......WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN TO ME?? uhhhhhhhhhhhhh YEAH!! So dust yourself and hold on to your fun memories and go back to regular life today........NO BIGGIE!!

BIG HUGS forgetful goober,
heheChristi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 6th, 2005, 5:42 am

Hey guys~~ I missed you guys too.

Donna I see you went a little camping trip of your own. How long did you have to walk? I want to say, "THANK YOU" for committing yourself to such a wonderful cause. Cancer affects soooo many people. I just turns people's live upside down. I love to people committed to helping find a cure.

I'm feeling good this morning, I have already lost 2# that I regained. :yippee: My stomach was very upset yesterday though. I had to force myself to drink my shakes.

Thank you all for the kind words. :hug: Big hugs to all of you.

Martha~~I have been to Branson several times. My boys love to go there. Have you been to the Dixie Stampede show? I loved it. It was very cool. :kool:

Again, I am glad to be back with you guys (girls). I love going camping but I also like to be home.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 7:50 am

Donica-- NO we haven't been to the Dixie Stampede yet but plan on going this trip.. Heard it was great.. bought season passes to Silver Dollar City as they usually have Christian Gospel Sings most evenings. I only get a week a year usually to go anywhere but this year I have decided to take at least a weekend off every 2 months my husband is home.. even if to go to Gulfport or Biloxi to the campground..We need it.. glad you are home and 2# off already GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do it.... have a great week--Martha
PS--open to suggestions for Branson..
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby DonicaB » June 6th, 2005, 10:13 am

I think you will really enjoy the Dixie Stampede. We have been to several shows. My dad (before he passed away) used to work in the Branson area and could get us complimentary tickets to pretty much any show we wanted to see. We loved the Presley's, Jim Stafford, and the Country Tonight show. But I have to say the Dixie Stampede was my favorite.

We really enjoy Silver Dollar City also. Be sure you go to the cave, it is magnificent.

One of the things we enjoyed the most was renting a pontoon boat for a day and just being on the lake. We fished and swam and just tooted around, and it was wonderful.

One show I have always wanted to see and haven't is Yakov Smirnoff (sp?). I also have not seen the Shepard of the Hills and I've heard it is magnificent.

You will have a wonderful time. It is such a family oriented place, I find it refreshing.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 10:36 am

Donicab- THANKS for the suggestions.. want to see country tonight and the presleys.. have seen "The Shepard of the Hills" and it was my all time favorite.. plan on seeing it again this time.. never thought about renting a pontoon before but it sounds sooo relaxing.. HUMM thats a good idea... Thanks again.. it should be pretty easy to stay on program(i hope) as we are timesharing and have a hugh kitchen to use.. thanks again--Martha
Oh yeah-- we love Marvel cave-- this is our 3rd trip to Branson..
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby doglover » June 6th, 2005, 11:28 am

Welcome back Donica! So sorry this is late - I've been trying to catch up!

Good for you jumping right back into it! You are a success on many levels!

Glad you're back - we missed your smiling ways!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room