Back on again!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back on again!

Postby Mommy2girls » August 12th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Hi medifrends...:wave:

Well, I have survived the last 4 weeks and did some serious bouncing around, but I'm back home and back on track. First was my cousins wedding, in mid-July that had us going OFF plan for 5 days. Then we spent a little time losing the wedding-gain (which was attainable thanks to MF :yeah:), only to find ourselves back off plan for a family reunion trip to Missouri (12 hour drive for us...we ate a LOT of sunflower seeds to keep awake at night as with the little ones night driving helped keep us sane) :thumbup:

We made the decision to go off plan to save some $. We didn't want to waste our precious medigrub if we weren't going to stick to plan. However, we did eat out a lot and that costs $$$, so I'm not sure that we came out ahead. :scratch: Anyway, we did of course watch (somewhat) what we ate and I noticed that regular old food just doesn't have the same zing that it used to. The meals out really weren't fantastic and I was always too full to order dessert (which is something I was looking forward to doing! :tears:) We did gain weight but after 2 days of the L&G MF meals, I'm 2 lbs away from what I was when I left.

Some highlights were spending the day in Kansas City, MO and going to Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun. I wore a size 16 bathing suit and felt quite comfortable in it, not trying to hide at all. I noticed some of the slides had weight limits at OOF and I cleared those just fine. Then we changed and headed over to Worlds of Fun and never did I even think twice about whether or not my seatbealt/life saver would fit me. I even rode some of the little kiddie rides (our girls are ages 3 & 4.5) and believe me they are barely big enough for an adult much less an overweight adult! :drive:

One particular lowlight was going to the hospital (after paying the $100 copay) to find out that I was suffering from a "gastro-intestinal" virus that had me cramping and vomiting all day. It was not pretty nor fun, and I was suspicious of food poisioning or something even more terrifying, but was told by the drs. that it (the virus) was "going around" and I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones to catch it. Felt better after IV fluids and meds to stop the stomach cramps, and finished off my day with a medishake to help with rehydration and sustenance. :chef:

All in all, it has been a hard month, and lots of going off plan, back on, back off, but now we are back on and ready to get back on track. I'm sitting here eating my bar, drinking my water and ready to see the scales go down! I'm still considering changing my original goal from 55lbs to 75lbs, but I guess I better get to 55lbs first and then decide!!! :whistle:

Thanks for reading and know that I am still here looking to get back in the groove!
Last edited by Mommy2girls on August 18th, 2005, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mytime » August 12th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Shelia - WELCOME BACK !!!! It sounds like you had an amazing trip ! It is so nice not to have to worry about weight limits and seat belts for a change. I really enjoyed your months recap. I especially appreciate your sharing the struggle we all share. Your pounds will be gone before the weekend is over !!! Take care - hope your virus is 100% gone, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby martha » August 13th, 2005, 12:47 am

SHEILA---

WELCOME BACK!!!! So sorry about your hospital trip and Your ordeal with the VIRUS..-Glad the worse is over..Thanks for sharing your last month with us and I am glad the both of you are back on program.. That little weight gain will be gone before you know it..I know the girls really enjoyed you being able to ride the kiddy rides with them :mrgreen: --Have a great week and I look forward to seeing less of you next week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LuzInIt » August 13th, 2005, 7:03 am

Sheila - Welcome home! What a time you've had! I had forgotten about your plans and found myself wondering about you yesterday. I have a list of many who started MF'ing around when I did and have kept track of their losses. As I was looking at the names, I realized I hadn't updated Mommy2girls recently and felt sad about that. So I am delighted to find you home and well and with us still :D . I know this is a transient place, but I wish with all my heart no one would disappear until they are at goal and well into maintenance! (Of course, not even then, but I know there will be a time when even the most prolific and supportive among us will move on :cry: ) Suffice it to say, we're so glad you are back and look forward to continual celebrations with you as we all make our way to the finish line... and you are getting so close! YEAH US!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » August 14th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Sheila ~

We are glad that you are home safely. What a fun trip - your kids will have a great memory of the time Mom rode with them on the Kiddie Rides! I am so happy that you got to go on the water slides, too! Whee!

About the price of Medigrub/dining out - it is MUCH more expensive for the pocketbook and the waistline to dine out, isn't it?

Happy thinnin' to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 16th, 2005, 9:00 am

Thanks girlies! Yes, Nancy, you are right eating out is EXPENSIVE, much more so than Medigrub!

I've lost all my vacation gain, so now it's time to buckle down and get to that 1st goal!!!
Last edited by Mommy2girls on August 18th, 2005, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 16th, 2005, 9:18 am

:shock: Just think!

By October, you'll be Hallowlean!

You'll reach your goal and be more boo-tiful than you are now!!!

Happy shakin'!!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » August 16th, 2005, 10:30 am

NANCY--

YOU CRACK ME UP :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I just love your posts..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005