Back again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back again

Postby SneezyKitten » August 11th, 2005, 5:35 am

Anyone else been trying to get this done for almost three years? Anyone else back here for the tenth time? I am ashamed of how much weight I have gained. I am ashamed of myself for so many reasons.

I finally realized some of my own personal issues surrounding why I have gained 70 lbs in 7 years. I thought acknowledging feelings or conditions or things that have happened would allow me the freedom to lose the weight and still I keep gaining. Now I am back here because I have gained so much weight that none of my clothes fit (and I am not exaggerating) and I start a new job today. A new, high profile, professional, must-look-good job. My mobility is limited. I feel like a weeble-wobble (they weeble and they wobble but they won't fall down) whenever I try to get off the sofa or out of bed. It is like my stomach is to big and it is knocking me out of balance.

I have case loads of medifast product (wonderful stuff that I am not complaining about). I even tried block my fridge with the Medifast boxes but, of course, my husband has to eat. I may not have faith in myself yet, but I do have faith in the Medifast program and in the success stories I have witnessed here.

I don't know if I am ready to re-commit yet. I want to be be, but I have wanted that in the past too. Wanting and doing aren't the same. I am not seeking sympathy here....I just feel like if I say things out loud (or wrote them in a public place) that somehow it is more real and it is not retractable. It is easy to hide out and read posts but it is another thing to come in with my tail tucked between my legs (and another few lbs of weight) and get started....again.

Success is getting up one more time than you fall. I want that to be true, but how many more times can I get up???????????? Well, I have at least one more time in me....

211.5/211.5/145
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby auntielingo » August 11th, 2005, 5:50 am

This is your time! You can do it! Everyone here is rooting for you.

Good luck with your new job and good luck with Medifast!

Angie
auntielingo

Postby KeleeGrl » August 11th, 2005, 5:55 am

Welcome back! I remember reading in one post, someone said, "how can you cheat on this program, when its so easy." It kind of made me mad :x because, of course, I have cheated and even went off for about a month. If it were that easy I don't think any of us would be here. Its definitely a life style change and its hard to break what we have been doing for the last 10 or how ever many years of our lives. There will be times our emotions take over and we turn to our worst enemy....food! But, as long as we can accept our mistakes and hop right back on our horse :deadhorse: , we can succeed. You've made your first step coming back, so what if its the second or third time...all that matters is that your back :you: We'll all be here for support...maybe this new job is the nudge you needed!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby buffybegood » August 11th, 2005, 6:31 am

Hi Sneezy....bless you.....I am in the 10# club too! I have struggled most of my life with my weight. Maybe not as much as some, but I go up and down. I have realized that I have to have help, and stay on it. One thing that makes it easier for me is to realize that even those people in Hollywood are on some kind of diet, or plan, or work out program all the time to keep their jobs. It is not just a few of us. You know that logo that Nike has...Just Do It....I have to think like that. When I started this I didn't know if I was "ready".......I guess that means, ready to feel good?....ready to look good?....hmmmm...I knew I was ready for that...what I was really worried about was not being perfect on the program. I decided to stop analizing myself and do the Nike thing. Sometimes it is hard not to eat the junk off my kids plates....I have had a few things I could have done without....wish I was perfect...I will never be, but I will make this work, it will not happen over night.... God has given us the will to live, and get up over and over again. I am happy to say, I could not squeeze into a size 16 a month ago, I bought a size 12 pair of pants yesterday.....Oh Yeah! I will be in my size 2's again before my 51st birthday on Christmas day. If I am not, it is only a matter of time. One step at a time, one day at a time, one shake at a time.....
Buffy
"That's the plan and I'm sticking to it"
180/167/120
buffybegood

never be ashamed

Postby jentuke » August 11th, 2005, 7:25 am

Never be ashamed of yourself. We have a problem with food and we have to deal with it on a daily basis. Let go of the past and think of this new start as a fresh one. Attempt it with the vigor of knowing that this is a new program and a new you and you WILL succeed this time.

We fail for alot of reason and we make alot of excuses. Set short term goals, and when you achieve them, reward yourself. Go buy a new piece of clothing or get a pedicure. Do something that feels good, but doesn't involve food. To many of us food = pleasure and we need to separate it for a while. Let food just be food, and find joy and comfort in being alive and well and able to do new things.

Instead of always staring at that final goal weight, set an intermediate one. How bout 170? Once you get there, you might re-evaluate to determine if you want to lose another 20 or 30 lbs, but by then you'll know what will feel right to your body. Also, instead of setting hard goals, tell yourself that any progress is a move toward success, and that should be rewarded.

I realized I had spent the last few months last year, and the first half this year "trying" to lose weight. If I had just gotten on MF at the beginning of the year, I would probably be at my goal weight now.

SO... No more excuses! No more waiting! You are going to do it this time!
jentuke

Postby Jan » August 11th, 2005, 9:31 am

Hi Sneezy,
Yes, old habits are really really hard to break. One approach is to talk to ourselves about it a lot (self talk does help) I know Nancy always says "you don't have to taste that -- you've had it before, you know what it tastes like" and another is visual. Sometimes I think we just have to see it. I noticed that you've tried to barracade the fridge (ha ha) but have you tried putting pictures on it ??-- that may help you. Maybe a picture of an outfit you like in a smaller size or something else that would motivate you. I know this is a little odd but sometimes a magnet of a cow or pig reminds us of our goal (plus other people just think that we think it's a cute magnet -- no explaining to do) Please don't think I am saying we are pigs or cows -- we sometimes just have their eatting habits -- glutony or grazing all day long. We all know that you can make it -- you do too -- just take it one step at a time. I usually think in time intervals rather than the scale. For example I didn't weigh myself for the first three weeks -- just stayed really compliant and then at the end weighed -- voila -- 16 pounds gone!! I think I would get discouraged if I were really really compliant and saw only .5 pounds gone or some such thing. So I just avoided nasty old scale :x
We will all be watching to see how you do.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

You can do it!

Postby Lynzi » August 11th, 2005, 9:51 am

You can do it, Sneezy! I felt the exact same way you did!
I know the weeble song :roll: .
I wasn't a 100% sure if I was ready, either.
But I jumped in -ready or not. I'm taking, one day at a time, and am prepared for strong current, like last night, and days I can float.
If you loose strength, or stumble, come here to the forum- it's my life preserver. You can do it!
Lynzi

Postby sprgrammy » August 11th, 2005, 11:43 am

Hey Sneezy, So happy that you are here. Boy can I relate. All of the our fellow Medifasters have great advice so take it to heart. Someone once told me that we all need to learn to "Eat to live, not live to eat". That really never sank in until just recently. I think about eating something that isn't good for me and I stop and ask myself if it is going to help me live longer or is it going to make my booty bigger. Self talk does work as was mentioned earlier. We didn't get fat overnight and our eating patterns will not change overnight. We just have to keep training ourselves to break old patterns. I have faith that anyone can do this "one more time". Good luck to you. Blessings, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » August 11th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Hi Sneezy--

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time..sometimes we have every good intention there is but never get started..Today is the day you need to restart :D ..you have already invested in the products and you know the program works..I love the part about putting the MF in front of the icebox..I never would of thought of that and if he didn't have to eat it might have worked for you :D .. This forum has really helped me to stay focused..I have to come everyday though for my MF fix or I am scared I might slip..These people really care about you and your well being.. they will help no matter what time day or night..old eating habits are the hardest thing to break and realizing we have food addictions is even harder.. :cry: When we let food become that important to us there is no where to go but down.and climbing out of it is very hard..It causes depression-weight gain-tiredness-low self-esteem and many more.. BUT YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! yes you can.. and we are here to help..
Great news on the new job..there's another reason to restart. you can be successful this time.. and you can get up as many times as needed till you get to your goal.. Never feel ashamed of restarting ..we have all redone programs before or we wouldn't be here now.. feel free to email or pm me anytime you feel the need to talk..Good luck with your decision..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » August 11th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Sneezy - WELCOME HOME !!!!! Now remove the tail ! We are friends - this is a site about support NOT JUDGEMENT. Bottom line we care and we are here for you now or later. We are all fighting the same battle and we are stronger as a group. I laughed about the boxes in front of the fridge - thanks ! Oh and congratulations on your new job - they obviously see you as we do - strong and capable. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Marcelle » August 12th, 2005, 7:37 am

Sneezy - how I understand! We've all been there! Realizing what our own personal stuff is what helps not sabotage ourselves and get to where we want to be.

Just keep putting one shake in front of the other...it will get easier and you will get there! :)

Get on the boads to vent or share or whatever it takes...you've done yourself a great service in doing that already! :)
Marcelle

08/07/05 = 187 and 5'7"
08/14/05 = 176.5
08/21/2005 = 175
Mini Goal is to break 175lbs.
Next Goal is to break 165 lbs.
Final Goal is 130 - 135 lbs.
Marcelle
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.