I'm baaaack

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm baaaack

Postby techkitten » March 1st, 2006, 8:03 am

Well, it started with me being sick with a 48 hour stomach virus. The only thing that kept me hanging on was toast and sprite, so that blew ketosis. My body really needed whatever it could get though, so I fell back to old standbys since the thought of Medifast thirst made me ill while I was sitting in my bathroom holding a trash can. :nutz:
So, after that, it was several days before I could stomach (literally) solid foods. I went and ate sushi after a week which is my favorite food.
After that, it went downhill...I have this undeniable craving for toast ALL the time.
So now I am starting over, I don't even know how much I weigh and I don't care, I just want to fit into my jeans I wore a few years ago, or at least so I don't look so fat in my current ones. Luckily you only get the stomach flu once a year at the most, so I can at least know that I have had mine for awhile.
Does anyone have a suggestion to make me not crave toast?

Jennifer
145/140/125
techkitten

Postby lauradr » March 1st, 2006, 8:09 am

techkitten,Welcome back to the team :goteam:
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Serendipity » March 1st, 2006, 8:30 am

Hi and welcome back!

I believe the craving for particular foods will leave after you get back to that wonderful state of ketosis. Stick to the plan and it won't fail you.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 1st, 2006, 9:33 am

Welcome back! I am so sorry that you were ill I think the stomach flu is absolutely the worst :x I am thinking that if you are having a craving for toast that perhaps a package of Medifast crackers will help. I am not sure but heck it may be worth a shot.

Glad you are back to feeling better and back to Medifast

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » March 1st, 2006, 10:20 pm

I don't know if you can not crave a particular thing like toast, but maybe if you are filled up on enough stuff, you won't want it?? I really don't know. I don't think pickles will take the place of toast, but maybe it is one of those things that, if crackers don't cut it, you just have to wait it out.

I know how you feel. though. I have been doing mad dashes to the bathroom all night and I have this feeling like toast might help since it is solid. Now, with the Sprite deal, just switch to Diet and you are all set. Maybe Walden Farms will make calorie free bread :idea:

I did read in many places and have heard from little teeny people that drinking ice water with some vinegar and a little lemon will knock out sweet cravings.
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.