ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 28th, 2005, 6:15 am

Good morning everyone! :wave:

The "Arrrrgh!" subject line says it all for me today. Between my family and my job, I am getting pulled like a thin piece of taffy about to snap...

I was doing great Monday-Friday afternoon, but Friday night, I ate too much, and Saturday night, more too much. Monday I was 221, Friday 212 (WOW), but now I am at 216.

But... I know that Medifast is my "salvation" and I am back on it today. I am DETERMINED not to give up. I do wish I didn't have this slip-ups staining my so-called perfect restart, but... I'm getting there.

My grandmother is now refusing to eat, and is already under 100 pounds. Her doctor does not think she will live through the end of October. (I personally don't think through the end of September...) My mom is doing as well as she can, she knows it is up to my grandmother to do what she wants with her life... but it is hard to watch.

On a lesser scale, my job is insane. We are very behind - I worked all day Saturday, and am going in today also; a 7-day work week. YUCK!! But I am bringing a bottle of shakes with me and I will soldier through this.

I did want to be honest with you all... keep you updated... hope you ALL are well... and I will be checking in later!

Be safe and get better, Martha! :)

And good to see you back, LilMsTexas! :)

HAPPY LOSING DAY TO ALL!!!!!!! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Lisa in NY » August 28th, 2005, 6:40 am

Hi Neighbor,

The most important thing is that you are NOT giving up. These are the times that either make you or break you. You WILL make it! Don't dwell on the past - that's just wasted energy

Lisa 8)
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » August 28th, 2005, 9:53 pm

BG - so very sorry what a hard time for you and your family ! Work will always be there so try and pace yourself. It is very very hard to watch a loved one make such difficult choices. MF and your MF family are and always will be here. Not to worry - try reading the site when you need a little extra push. Each day is a new beginning. HANG IN THERE !!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby doglover » August 29th, 2005, 7:34 am

Hey Berk - you will do this - you are one of the strongest persons I've seen on this forum! Let us know how your week goes!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2005, 8:24 am

Good Monday Morning, Berk ~

Aw...your family is in a difficult place. My Auntie chose to not eat any more and we had a granny from our church also make that decision. It is very hard for the family when people give up but sometimes that is what they want to do.

In the midst of your busy day, be sure to drink some water - it will give you a reason for walking down the hall; taking a five minute break every hour or so may help you to deal with the pressure you are facing with the deadlines. You are prepared for this day and facing it head-on - that's a good thing.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room