Anyone from TX?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby martha » August 22nd, 2005, 3:01 am

NANCY--
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You are too FUNNY friend.. Glad to know you like the BOO-tiful..It's one of my daughters favs too.. I didn't think the varmits got that big anywhere but here and Texas( oh and my old home state of LOUISIANA :mrgreen: they get big as alligators there in those swamps :shock: )Yeap it's one of the reasons I moved :shock: I was trying to pack and the varmits were unpacking me as fast as they could.. :lol: I was like their own personal BUFFET --some of the stores had to close down as they couldn't get rid of the extra bug spray they kept on hand for ME--their number 1 shopper :shock: We should invent the good smelling buggy spray- Let's see at about 35.00 a bottle we could make a killing :mrgreen: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sablebaby » August 22nd, 2005, 8:22 am

My bestfriend and her husband are seriously thinking about moving to texas! Now my boyfriend and I thinking about it, also. We are looking a bit northeast of Dallas, anywhere between rockwall-greenville-emory.

We are all (except for my boyfriend) natives of Phoenix, AZ. We are almost used to the heat here, but we don't have humidity (just a few days a year) and we don't have such a BIG bug problem. Both of which I do not care for at all! Are the bugs really that big and prevalent??? :shock:

One big reason for moving there is for the cheap housing. Phoenix used to have cheap housing until it boomed this year and it's crazy! Right now I can't find anything nice and new for under 250k-300k or more. Most everything has doubled in the past year and I refuse to pay it! :x Plus, the new homes in texas are so nice looking and just different than our track housing with 5 feet separating us. We want some land with our house! :mrgreen:

Any advice would be so appreciated!!!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby aimalasplace » August 23rd, 2005, 8:24 pm

Hi there Sablebaby,
I lived in New England my whole life, and moved to San Antonio in March. For me where I lived the humidity was alot worse believe it or not- it's a different kind of humidity. When I went to New Orleans in May I was pretty comforatble But I also try to stay inside as much as I can. Air Conditioning spoiled already.
I really don't mind the bugs to be honest, the cockroachs startled me at first. I hate spiders! Those freak me out. I don't know if you have fire ants in AZ but they HURT like H@#$ when they bite ya.
The home prices are so good here, My parents home in CT is worth $250,00 and it's just 3 bedroom 2 floor square home with 1/4 acre yard. Probably worth $50-70,000 my guess. I don't think the cost of living is that much different aside from rents and food is a little cheaper. Gas is high no matter where you are it seems.
I don't know if it is more humid in Dallas, I heard that some places are worse than others. I hope this helps
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Sablebaby » August 24th, 2005, 1:09 am

Thanks Aimee!

I was hoping someone would reply. I guess time will only tell where we end up. It seems with my friend wanting to move and emailing house listings to everyone, so many of her family and friends also want to move there, too.

No, we don't have fire ants. I did once when I was a kid but not since. We have crickets, roaches, scorpians, nothing too weird. We would prefer someone where much more cooler than where we live now. We always think of IL, that's where he grew up. It's nice up there, but not too sure about snow. I can't figure out which one I can't stand the most, heat or cold. :huh: Thanks again!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby aimalasplace » August 24th, 2005, 1:21 am

Sablebaby,
I think it is supposed to get cooler in the winter here in TX.
I think if you wanna live in Dallas try to find a local "internet" paper. Or just search for info so you can make a "informed" decision.
My best friends family and my boyfriends family live in Ill. From what they tell me the snow is the worst. It super cold and windy in the city too. But I think it's windy in all the big cities due to the skyscrapers.
Good Luck with what ever you decide.
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Previous

Return to Come on in.