Anyone else on the Full Fast? Roll call anyone?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Anyone else on the Full Fast? Roll call anyone?

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 15th, 2005, 9:56 am

Am I the only one on a full fast?
ImageImage
ChristinefromWI
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » April 15th, 2005, 10:00 am

Nope, I am doing full fast as well! LOVE it!
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 15th, 2005, 10:01 am

I am a type two diabetic, so we HAVE to do the 5-1 plan.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 15th, 2005, 10:10 am

Christine...there are plenty of us.....me included... :D .....that's the wonderful thing about this journey.....your never alone.... :hug: ...either they have started on the full and began the 5 & 1... :guzzle: .... or some go back & forth....some just do 5 & 1... :eat: .....whatever is best for the individual.....I personnaly like the full fast...(although eating MF replacements hardly seems like a full fast).... :yippee: .....it is soooo easy to pick a packet & go....simplicity...very few decisions....no weighing...measuring etc.... :yay: ....6 packets...3 hrs apart..... :hmmm: ....simple as can be.....doable anywhere I am.....(doable... :?: ..is that a word?....well it is now)....so you have many Fellow Full Fasters.... :wavie:
Keep shakin
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 15th, 2005, 11:08 am

Christine, I switch back and forth, depending on what I fix for the family for supper. Most days I do full fast, but about 2 days a week it seems like I do 5 & 1. This seems to work pretty well for me. If my weight loss slows down too much though I am going to do just full fast.

DonicaB :D
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 15th, 2005, 11:53 am

the longer you are on the plan the better that lean and green meal tastes. I swear a green salad with a little turkey on it with salsa tastes like a gourmet meal!!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bk » April 15th, 2005, 3:56 pm

I do full fast but do 5+1 on the occasions where it is socially appropriate. I had a luncheon at a conference last week, ate salad (no dressing) and the fish with lemon squeezed on.

And I hate fish!!!! It was actually not bad. And for all of you that are wondering, no ill effects. (And the last time I had a meal was in early Feb). I didn't eat too much, and had all of my supplements that day.

Of course, I don't have a family to worry about. I am so busy that messing with the 5+1 on a full time basis is just too complicated. My trick for food like tasting is a claussen pickle with gulden's mustard. Tastes like a sandwich! Well, at least to me. :) We have already established in another thread that I'm a bona fide weirdo.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby joysea » April 15th, 2005, 4:57 pm

I, too, am doing mostly the full fast, with an occasional lean and green on Saturday or Sunday. I just find that it is easier. So far, so good.

Joyce S.

193/167.9 Medifast Restart/148.8/125
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby ladyhawke » July 12th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Love the full fast, it makes me nervous to have to buy the "real food' I have an 8 yo and luckily we don't like the same foods so I cook for him and do my own little thing, I did have some stir-fry cabbage on Sunday, with Pam and sliced onion, Hungarian Paprika and ground black pepper, I let it cool a little and put a little rice vinegar and Splenda like a Sweet and Sour dressing, like our beautiful Nancy suggested the vinegar.
It hit the spot.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mytime » July 12th, 2005, 7:55 pm

I started on the full fast and now am eating 7oz of protein at night. I just felt like I needed the extra protein - but if the results aren't there the protein won't be either. I love how easy the packets are and the RTG. What are people taking if anything to combat hair loss ? Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby martha » July 12th, 2005, 8:59 pm

CHRISTINE-----

I do the full fast about 5 days a week and the 5& 1 plan the rest of the time.. did all 5& 1on vacation and it worked out great.. it depends on what mood I am in and if I feel like cooking a different meal for myself or not..Good luck--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 12th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Mytime ~

IF you are having 7 ounces of protein to make it a balanced meal, be sure to include a small green salad or 1.5 cups of steamed veggies or your meal will not be balanced...

I have a lot of postings about hair loss...use the search clicky.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 13th, 2005, 6:37 am

I really look forward to my L&G daily and I also have 2 small girls so it's nice to sit down to dinner with them and actually eat the same meal as they do.

I'm sure I could lose faster if I did the full fast, but I'm okay, sitting here at exactly 3 months of Medifast L&G and having lost 40lbs. I also HAVE done the full fast before, 7 years ago, and was never told that I could eat celery, pickles or a small green salad (I was doing it through a drs. office and they told me if I ate food, I could end up in the hospital!) So I full fasted for 4 months and never once touched a bite of food. I was at a different time in my life (no kids, hubby was traveling) so it worked for me at the time. I don't think I could do it long term again. I'm so happy with the L&G and I'm not in a race to the finish line so as long as it works for me then that is what I'll stay with!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 13th, 2005, 6:40 am

Oh and yes I lost a TON of hair (7 years ago on the FF). Luckily for me, I had a ton of hair to begin with. I took all the vitamins and supplements my dr. recommended but it didn't prevent hair loss for me. Not saying that something out there won't work for other people, just relaying my experience with FF and hair loss. To this day I have less hair than I did before I started MF, but I never did go bald! :lol: So that is a good thing!

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alisha » July 13th, 2005, 11:10 am

Hi Christine, I'm doing the full fast too! I seem to be getting by absolutely fine! I've discovered the sugar free flavored syrups and they make the shakes so good!

I've opted for the full fast and I'm only currently drinking the shakes because of some terrible habits I have with food. I'm a binge eater and a diagnosed compulsive eater so I wanted to re-train myself and break old habits associated with emotions and food. It seems to be working and I'm very glad. I'm now forced to deal with problems head on instead of burying them underneath cheese and pepperoni (or snack bars!). It's a very hard thing but very empowering.

The funny thing is that when I compared my shake vitamin ingredients with those on my mom's multi-vitamin, the shakes have every single vitamin listed on her multi AND, I'm getting 100% or over every day so I didn't even know what to tell her to buy me for hairloss. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet, but I will search this site and find out.

One thing I was curious about though... I force myself to drink at least 80oz of water every single day (plus 2 bouillon). The trouble is that I spend more time in the bathroom than in my office chair! :oops: Does this ever stop or lessen? I get so tired of padding to the bathroom during the night and I'm getting shorter with every trip to the bathroom during my workdays because of the rut I'm wearing in the floor! Does your body ever get used to this intake of water or do you just have to grin and bear it? :)

Anyway, a big HI to everyone and I hope you're well. I had a 4.5lbs loss this week - I'm walking the path to the door of the 20# club! Look out, here I come!

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.