ANYBODY HURTING?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

ANYBODY HURTING?

Postby CLDUFFY » March 26th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Hi,

I am ordering Medifast for the first time this Friday (e.g. payday for me). I'm 225 pounds and only 5'2. I've noticed that my feet hurt and hips hurt if I walk to much. I decided that was it. I need to loose weight and I need to loose it quickly.

I keep hearing about this program. A friend at work lost 80 pounds in 16 weeks from Medifast.

Does anybody else out there hurt if they walk too much?

Thanks,
Chris
CLDUFFY

Hurting

Postby Jan » March 26th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Hi there Chris and welcome to our group. :D I'm glad you found us!!! Don't worry in not tooo long those hurty joints will be a thing of the past.
Yes, extra weight does pose a problem for the joints. My daughter had to have a huge knee surgery a couple of years ago. It was a combination of a genetic problem and an injury which resulted in knee reconstruction. I was with her at the apppointment with her orthopedic surgeon. My daughter was only 24 at the time. Her surgeon told her "you can't put three tons in a one ton truck and expect it to not complain" :mrgreen: That's exactly the same with our bodies. Extra poundage doesn't help us at all and our joints let us know in no uncertain terms!!! :? Don't worry in not toooo long at all that "extra poundage" will be leaving and your knees etc will be much much happier.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » March 26th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Chris

Welcome to the family :goteam: It is always so wonderful to have someone new join us losers! My knees really were hurting when I first started but after 10 weeks and 45lbs gone they are all better! You will love the program, if you stick to it you can't help but lose poundage.

Keep us posted and read the forum as it is full of advice and take a look in the Studio at all the before and after pics as this is a great motivational tool to keep you pepped up

I look forward to getting to know you better and seeing you shrink

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 26th, 2006, 2:19 pm

YES!! I thought I was getting a heel spur, Every morning when I got out of bed that first step was horrible pain. I am down 16lbs and can truly say it is much better!! I still have some pain in my lt heel but only when I have been on my feet for long periods of time.

Carrying so much extra weight does horrible things to your body. Start this program you won't regret it and this forum is the MOST supportive group of people you will ever find!

WELCOME!!

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Yes Chris, hips, knees and back. I hobbled around like a 90 year old before losing over 40 pounds. I started Medifast because I couldn't stand not living life anymore (only a few steps before pain set in). I am also short and was 231.5 when I started.

Linda

Postby Linda » March 26th, 2006, 2:36 pm

OOPS! Sorry, forgot to log in for above post

Linda
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Thanks for the warm welcome

Postby CLDUFFY » March 26th, 2006, 2:59 pm

I feel like I found some new friends. I can't wait to place my order. I have to place it on Friday because that's when I get paid. I wish I could have started sooner but I just found out about this diet at work. I really want to loose weight because I can't stand being fat anymore. My entire body aches and I can't do normal things that a 31 year old woman w/ two children should be doing. Just a few minutes on the treadmill hurts my hips, feet and knees.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really admire you guys.
CLDUFFY

Postby Arklahoma » March 26th, 2006, 3:10 pm

CLDUFFY ... Welcome to the party!

:partytime:

I can't wait for you to receive your products and begin your weight loss journey. This is going to be the best time of your life and we're all right here for you. I have chronic back pain, knee pain from a prior injury, and plantar fasciitis (heel pain). I would love to tell you that the pain is gone but that's not the case yet; however, I am seeing significant differences and am hopeful that my pain will be thing of the past soon.

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby supermom » March 26th, 2006, 5:15 pm

I hurt too. Mostly my feelings, though. I am 5'4" an 235#. I haven't ordered yet, but plan to tomorrow after I can go to the bank. Need to switch some funds around!! LOL Anyway, EVERYTIME my 4 year old draws a picture of me, he draws a big circle with little short arms and legs. He draws my husband and two other sons slender with long slender arms and legs. The truth hurts. But yes, my back and knees and feet hurt as well. Plus, I can hardly breath. My biggest fear is that I will get stuck in the slide at the park and the fire department will have to come cut me out. :( :( :goodluck:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ktrout » March 26th, 2006, 6:37 pm

My knees and back were killing me at 313lbs. I also suffered from real bad sleep apnea and couldn't sleep without a breathing machine at night. My snoring has decreased to a much more bearable level and while I still use my box most of the time for my apnea, I can sleep without it if I want to. My knees and back are much better now and only stand to feel better as I continue to lose weight.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Pashta » March 26th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Yeah I noticed my knees hurt when I had to get down on the floor to pick my son's pacifier up and my heels also hurt when I walk or stand for too long. That will be getting better soon though! :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 26th, 2006, 8:03 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums! I had A LOT of trouble with my ankles. They were so sore, and I was retaining water! My back was getting bad too. It was way less than 20# for me before my ankle problems were going away!

I'm so happy you're going to take this journey with us. Welcome, ask any questions you need, and we're GREAT cheerleaders!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » March 26th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Well, heck, I'm only 22 pounds from goal and I STILL hurt! I have plantar fasciitis, too, but the only thing that has helped it is some shoes my doc recommended. The weight loss hasn't done a darn thing for that. And I have recurrent hip/leg pain (undiagnosed as yet) that I thought might be gone - till it started up again with a vengeance yesterday!

The good news is when this stuff isn't acting up, I can walk around just fine now that I'm down 50 pounds. In fact, some friends just visited with their daughter, and they were ALWAYS lagging behind while I was up ahead with the 11-year-old. We even left them a few times to sit and rest while we went and got the car.

But it's no miracle cure. As I'm typing, I've got pain shooting up my left leg (and a big swollen spot on the outside of my thigh). Medifast isn't doing a darn thing for it!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Oooh,

Postby dede4wd » March 26th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Hugs Robin,
:bighug:

Sorry you have the ouchies! I wish you well!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » March 26th, 2006, 9:41 pm

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was kinda hoping someone would know what it is. Shooting pain in one leg and a big swollen area on the outside of my thigh. Better when I sit for a long time, usually. (Anyone? PM me, though, so I don't FURTHER hijack. And anyone with heel pain, I can tell you what shoes my doc recommended. They've worked wonders.)

And now back to our scheduled topic ...
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Next

Return to Come on in.