Another newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another newbie

Postby Nova » April 1st, 2006, 9:08 am

Good morning, ya'll. Figured I'd post to say hi and introduce myself. And maybe get some of that encouragement everyone's passing out.

I'm on my fourth day, and I keep going up and down emotionally. I'm still excited about it, and determined to do it. I have to do something, because I'm sick and tired of being so big. The immediate problem is that I'm hungry and craving all sorts of junk food. Yes, I'm drinking tons of water, but it's not the same as real food.

I thought I was getting over being hungry, until this morning. I've had one meal, and now my stomach is grumbling like crazy. I haven't been this hungry in the first three days. Maybe I threw things off in the beginning though. I'm fighting a cold, so I've been having lots of sugar free cough drops. Probably more than was recommended for MF, but when the choice is cough drops or coughing, I picked the drops.

I guess I'm asking, when does the hunger start to go away? My hubby got donuts this morning, and I could resist because I'm still in the happy honeymoon phase of MF, but if this keeps up another week or two, it's gonna be a lot harder.

I have a list of things that I'm looking forward to doing when I'm thin, and that's a nice encouragement. I'm planning on losing about 80 pounds. I don't mind lifting weights, but cardio is awful. I've watched The Biggest Loser and thought I could do that. Until I thought about doing hard cardio for 4 hours a day. Tried Atkins, but couldn't stick with it. Like everyone else, I think I've tried it all and it didn't work. But I refuse to quit trying, because that way lies a very unhappy life.

Oh, and the Lean Cuisine section is great! Picked up a lot of hints about doctoring up the food to make it taste better, although I was pleasantly surprised to find most of it tastes pretty good as is.
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 1st, 2006, 9:15 am

Hi Nova! Welcome to the forum. Yes, it does get better. The first week was pretty tough for me. The average "tough" period is 3-4 days. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, and like you, went through more sf cough drops than recommended, cuz I NEEDED relief!! The cough drops DEFINITELY increased my hunger! Once I felt better and stopped using them, it passed! So, hang in there. Brighter days are ahead! Feel free to vent all you need to! We're here to support you and help you through :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 1st, 2006, 10:35 am

Hi Nova and welcome...

I am on day two and had stomach grumbling this morning too... I only had the m/f cappuccino for my first meal, so I ate my second supplement a little earlier than the two hours....

but I must say, it worked and I felt better almost immediately, today I tried the Lemon bar and it was sooooo good... My husband and granddaughter both just had to try it, and my granddaughter, (she's 6) wanted to take it and eat the whole thing...

That is a great compliment to M/F , isn't it.... almost had to hide in the bathroom to eat it so I didn't have to share. LOL

I saw that you are in Texas, me too.. there are several of us that I have met already.. Where are you located? I am in the Dallas area, but from Amarillo in the Panhandle...

Anyhow, Good luck, and stick with it !!!1

We can do this !!!!! :goteam:

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 1st, 2006, 11:31 am

Image It is so good to have you here with us!

One thing that I heard is that when your body is fighting an illness it uses more calories and thus you will feel more hunger.

A little tip for both of you "newbies" is that it is ok to have an extra shake the first few days when you are extra hungry!

Happy shaking

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nova » April 1st, 2006, 12:01 pm

I think I may end up taking advantage of that extra shake thing today. I figure it's better to have that than to have some sort of junk food, and I'm glad to know others have had the same experiences.

Tiolazz, I'm south of Houston and getting ready for a really hot summer. Just moved to Texas last fall, so I haven't had the 'pleasure' of a Texas summer yet. I'm also hoping we don't have a repeat of Rita. :cry:
Nova

Postby sheila » April 1st, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hi Nova. Welcome to mf. It will get easier...I promise...Hang in there!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 1st, 2006, 2:31 pm

My brother lives in Magnolia, just north of Houston so we go down there often, specially in summer, go fishing in the gulf. My husband loves to fish in the sea.....

and I hope we don't have another Rita too. I was suppose to go to Houston that weekend with friends from Italy, but due to them closing the roads to let people out, we weren't able to go. Thank God....

Well Good luck, and keep me posted...

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 1st, 2006, 2:42 pm

Hi Nova (and Terri)

Welcome to the shakers! It took me a little over a week to quit having the "hungries." Like the others said, take advantage of an extra supplement if you need to for a while. What really helped me is spacing out my snack over the day. For example, we're allowed 3 celery stalks, so I split them into threes and had them when I started grumbling.

I swear it gets better! I'm on week 5 and haven't had a snack in weeks, I have to set my alarm to take my supplements and remind myself to eat (ME...Reminded to EAT, can you imagine?). Just keep shakin' and keep the water going. It'll get better! Stick with us and we'll nag you through it!

Welcome!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Arklahoma » April 1st, 2006, 3:22 pm

Nova ... Welcome to the group! Most people have a rough 1-3 days but I had a very rough first week or so. Every person is different so hang in there. I promise that it gets easier instead of harder.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nova » April 1st, 2006, 4:35 pm

Thanks a ton for all the encouragement. I do feel better and more confident.

This is the main reason I decided to do MF. I know people have gotten results if they just stick with it. It's not some pill or magic ab machine you see on infomercials. :roll: These forums are the proverbial icing on the cake (ah cake, how I loved thee).
Nova

Postby lauradr » April 1st, 2006, 4:48 pm

Welcome, Nova I am from San Angelo but I work in Houston alot , you will get over being hungery and this diet works and this is a great team here!!!!
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr

Postby montana1963 » April 2nd, 2006, 9:07 am

:lol: welcome... this is a great site with alot of info...
CURVY VIXEN ON A MISSION!
montana1963

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 2nd, 2006, 9:25 am

Nova,

I know you were talking about having a list of things you were looking forward to. We have a great inspirational post going in the ELEVATOR section of the forum that it would be great if you could add to! Every time someone posts, I think of more things I'm looking forward to and add them to the list on my fridge for inspiration!

Just making sure you knew about it!

Hope your first weekend is going well!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd

Return to Come on in.