Another Newbie!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 30th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Hi Shana!

I'm happy to have you here! We're a friendly bunch and the information you find here is invaluable! I am also single and sometimes I think we have it better because I don't know HOW some of these people do it, they're eating their medifood while making food we CAN'T have for their families!

Welcome!

Also, Geri, you CRACKED ME UP!! :roflmao: I feel SO much better about being single after your list!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Shana » March 30th, 2006, 7:02 pm

I know that first post didn't sound like it, but I'm actually very happy to be single - when I'm not having a birthday (and family) induced melt down (example: My mom called me at 7am on my birthday & asked these questions in her message: 1.) Why don't you answer the phone when I call you?? and 2.) when are you going to settle down & give me grandbabies? Honestly, question 2 answers question 1!).

On a more serious note, I have a lot of admiration for those of you Medifasting while still cooking for your families! One of the things that drew me to Medifast was the opportunity to remove all real foods (with the exception of lean protein & veggies) from my environment, and even remove the need to grocery shop - I've taken stock of my freezer & have enough boneless skinless chicken breasts & fish to last me for a while, and since it's summer I can get my veggies from my garden or the farmers market, thereby eliminating a great deal of temptation!

Again, my hat is off to those of you living with non medifasters! I hope your families appreciate just how much willpower you have & look to you as role models :)

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » March 30th, 2006, 7:13 pm

I'm one of those who has to cook for the family, and let me tell you, the first few days it was absolutely horrible. I about bit my hubby's head off on the 2nd day when I made them shrimp stir-fry, cause I know it's very healthy and it looked soooo good.

I stuck to it, I didn't cheat. Not one bit. Now I am at the point where I am not hungry hardly at all. It's soooo easy now. I cooked a very yummy looking meal for them tonight but didn't bother me at all.

Once past the rough spot it's not so hard. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.