Another Newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie

Postby Susan.in.GA » May 10th, 2005, 4:36 pm

Hi! This board was exactly what I was looking for. I am on day 2 and doing well except for some hunger for *real food* but I'm not giving in. This is the third time I'm starting this plan and I want it to be my last time starting over! The other two times I did the 5+1 but always caved after I ate real food so this time I'm doing full fast, at least for a while.

A little about me....I want to lose 30 lbs (would need to lose 40 to be at my marriage weight but no longer have the time to exercise 6 days a week like I was doing then!). I have had a much harder time losing weight since having my two kids (ages 3 and 5) and a much easier time gaining! :x I did lose 30lbs two years ago doing South Beach but sadly it found me again. Recently tried WW and gained and lost the same 5 lbs for six months! I have a thyroid nodule but my levels are normal so I guess it's all up to ME.

I've also found I can't eat the bars...how sad is that! I ordered one box a few weeks ago and at them all in three days :oops: . OK, I know my limits now!

Guess that's all for now. The thing I really liked about WW was the support so I'm really glad to have found this site.

Susan
Susan.in.GA

Postby doglover » May 10th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Hey Susan!! I am so glad you found us too! Great job jumping in and starting again! You can do this and this really does work! Come here every day, or like many of us, several times a day! You will find these people witty, fun and incredibly inspirational and supportive!

Glad to have ya!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 10th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Hi Susan! Welcome! You know Susan, support is so important. I realize this now that I actually have it. Don't get me wrong, my DH has always been supportive, but I needed the support of people who actually know what it is like to struggle with losing weight. Well, Susan, we do know what it is like and we are here for you when you need us.

This forum has been the difference for me. I come here everyday and as Donna said, sometimes more than once. I always find encouragement and inspiration in the posts.

We are glad you decided to join us.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 10th, 2005, 7:45 pm

Hi Susan,
Welcome & I'm glad you found this group too. I agree that it means so much to have a support system - of people who actually understand and are doing the same thing. It's also great for sharing ideas and different recipes for the supplements.

So, how long did you last the other times before you "caved"? I really think that if you can make it to the 3rd or 4th day, then it will all be alot easier than you think. I've noticed alot of my cravings have disappeared and I am more motivated on this diet than any others I've tried before. Since you only have 30 pounds to lose, you will be surprised at how fast it will happen! I started out wanting to lose about 50, but I've lost 27 so far (in a little less than 2 months) and now I want to keep going and lose about 50 more.

Well, looking forward to sharing this journey with you - but you'll probably be done before me!! :D Take care & keep us posted!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Howdy doody, Susan ~

We welcome you and it is good that you have discovered what works best for you. It is important to set yourself up for success, especially during the critical first few days.

You're not the only one that hit the bars too heavily - my own Health Advisor ate the whole box of Crunchy Lemon Bars in one day... :wallwall:

Here's to your success! :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.