Another Newbie.. Hello Everyone..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Newbie.. Hello Everyone..

Postby She2chat » February 18th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Hi all..

I have not started yet, but will be starting on Monday. Nancy I want to say "Hi", I joined through Rhonda and Kipp Kennedy at my church. She wondered how I found the site, I told her that I do alot of surfing on the net. I have alot of weight to lose. How hard is it to maintain? My mom's Dr. told her most people gain it back.. I didn't find that very encouraging coming from him. Especially since I would like to see her lose again what she needs to, to be healthly.

I want to tell you all that it was great finding this site, and realizing that I'm not alone. I have about 140 or so pounds to lose. I was a normal weight 5 4" and 125, met my now former husband and gained all this weight. I started gaining at the age of 26, now I'm 41. I sure would like to be in a 2 piece (modest) swimsuit again. Heart disease runs rampant in the family and I want to be around for my 7 and 8 year old.

My biggest fear is maintaning after I lose the weight. I see alot of you look (body wise) alot like me. I don't wish this much "extra" weight on anyone.. I hope with God's help, and yours that I can get to a "normal" weight again.. I'm so tired of feeling "FAT" all the time.

Thank the Good Lord that my kids love me no matter what! :D

Anyway.. I'm rambling..

Hello Everyone..

I live in Clackamas, OR Pacific Time

Sheila
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 18th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Sheila,

Welcome to the team :goteam: My Dr recommended this program to me and I love it. This has become a lifestyle change for me and I think that is the way it has to be to get the weight off and keep it off. I will never be able to eat when I want, whatever I want because that is the way God made me. I will one day be on maintenance and be able to have the things I can not have now but in moderation. I beleive that this program was sent to me by God. It is His strength that gets me through day by day (sometimes hour by hour)

You can do this and we are all here to help you along

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Thanks!

Postby She2chat » February 18th, 2006, 4:10 pm

I agree. Its not that I don't know how to eat, but forcing myself to continue to eat right. I lost 70 lbs 4 or 5 years ago, was half way to goal and the ex starting saying that I was cheating.. I just started eating again. (He is abusive) and I ate to feel better.. (doesn't make sense does it). However, I don't have him here to do that anymore, its up to me this time and boy did I feel good after having lost just 70 lbs and wearing an 18. I am just ready to look better, for myself and my boys.. I want to play on the slide and not get stuck in the middle of it!! lol :(

I am sure that I will appreciate all the support I can get. Glad to hear your Dr. recommeded it Lisa.. I don't know whys Moms Dr. was so skeptical.. Kipp has lost 108 since Aug and kept it off, so why can't I!

Right? ;)

Sheila
She2chat

Postby falisamarie » February 18th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Sheila

I know all too well about abusive relationships! My first husband was abusive in every way under the sun. The good news is that God sent a wonderful man into mine and my childrens life and he is very supportive and loving. Hang in there you will be thinning in no time!

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby smartipantz » February 18th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Greetings Neighbor (I'm in Salem)!! :byebye:

I believe you will find MF absolutely perfect! It's a great, disciplined plan and I have truly enjoyed it. You will find that your typical cravings will go away (not totally - you do have to be true to yourself) and pounds will literally fall off!

Good luck and happy shaking!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 18th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Hey there, Sheila ~

Welcome to you - you can do it! No problem - just eat on time and never skip a packet - look at Kipp!

Tell Dr. Doom that I've kept my weight off for three years so not everyone gains their weight back! With our super BeSlim Club and maintenance plan, you can keep your 140 pounds off, too!

We can do anything for three hours, right?

Well, we just keep on doing it again for three hours at three hour intervals.

I know who strengthens me and I believe He will strengthen you, too!

Best of health to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby She2chat » February 18th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Hey Smartipants, glad we are close by. I'm not looking for a man, actually I stopped looking because I have enough on my plate, but if God's will is that I find a great person some day, who am I to change that?? lol

Nancy, thanks for the support. I've failed more that I've done well, but I know how to eat right, I just have to put the plan into motion and stick to it. As for moms Dr. I just didn't get it... She is a heart patient, and she has gained back alot of what she lost initially. I'm worried about her health too. She is going to watch and see how I do before committing herself. I don't blame her. It cannot be a quick fix. However, I do like the fact that most people lose very quickly. Being boderline for high blood pressure, I am looking forward to putting a stop to that very quickly.

So glad that I found this board.

Sheila
She2chat

Postby smartipantz » February 18th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Heh - was wondering what I said that made you think of a man..... ohhhh MF. MF to us on the forum is short for Medifast :toast:
Enjoy!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Dayna » February 18th, 2006, 8:36 pm

We should have an Oregon party, sometime . . .

I don't think there's any diet or program or plan out there that can guarantee the weight will stay off; it's up to us to continue working at it every day, making the right decisions and maintaining our control over food. I've no doubt there are people out there who gain it back. There are people who return to smoking and drinking after quitting, too, because resolving and controlling addictive behavior is just flat HARD. But this is the first plan I've ever been on that has given me freedom from food, and that freedom has allowed me time and space to examine my behaviors and work on changing them for good. When we lose weight, its not enough that we're fixing our bodies - we've also got to fix our heads (something I think people who've never struggled with weight don't really understand). Medifast gives us the opportunity to fix our heads. I can see that even in the people who are returning to the program to take care of some re-gained pounds; they're back, they're working on it, they know Medifast works, they're taking control.

Don't be discouraged by the words of that doctor. If it wasn't a good program, I don't think Johns Hopkins would put their stamp of approval on it. :D

Welcome aboard!!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby smartipantz » February 18th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Amen Sis-tah!!!! Awesome post!

And yes......... and Oregon party would be fun. Shall I serve pudding or oatmeal??? Bahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaa!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Welcome Sue!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 19th, 2006, 9:23 am

:D Glad your joining us and glad you got rid of the "dead weight" ex...if it were only that simple to lose the weight "attached" to our bodies. Oh wait!!! There is..Medifast! :)

I'm a newbie too but 3 and 1/2 days in and 5 pounds down...I am a happy camper. :D

Dr's are a strange breed. The Doctor I have now is very supportive. But, several years ago when I was on Atkins I had lost 35 pounds and went with my hubby to his cancer Dr. Was asking him about hubby going on Atkins with me since I had lost 35 pounds on it.. and he, with a very "I am tolerating your talking" look on his face, replied. "Thats all water weight."
Up until that time, I had been so motivated and so positive and with those words and his attitude he knocked all motivation right outta me. I will NEVER allow ANYONE to do that to me again and don't you either!

Docs are human beings..and they don't know everything, contrary to what many of them think. lol With ANY Diet initial weight loss will be some water...but there is no way in BEEP it's all water. So stick with the plan...and once you reach goal...make a visit and Show him JUST how much "water" you have lost contrary to his negativity! :D :lol:

You will do great!
HUgs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby She2chat » February 20th, 2006, 12:12 am

As for the "man" comment. It was a post from falisamarie, she found a good man. I'm not looking to slim down and find a man.. lol that's what I mean't.. If that is what God wants, great, but if not, I can handle that just fine too.

I want to be better for me and the boys. Men come much later after.. lol

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Like alot of you I've tried different things. I know that eating low fat works for me, but the process is extremely slow and I just want something easier again to start with. This gives me the opportunity to lose weight safely and quickly and then, eventually, start eating properly.. I know how... I want a smaller body and smaller stomach (internally) and I want to see results. There is nothing more depressing that losing 8 pounds in a month, working so hard at it, and no one notices.. I makes it hard to sacrifice so much. I don't see MF as a sacrifice.. so I guess that makes it easier to begin with.

I'm starting Monday, and for alot of you, that already means today. Its 11 pm Pacific time, so I just hope that things go smoothly. I have a bag packed and all I really need is the crushed ice for work. I went to Walmart today and bought, Molly McButter, couldn't find the Cheese one, onion powder, Chicken bullion , pickles, water, Splenda. I also picked up the instant Crystal Light. I added the new diet Coke Black Cherry/Vanilla too. I hope that tastes ok, I'm a Coke a-holic so I will really miss the caffine and sugar. Not the calories.

Does anyone have a favorite water? One that actually has some flav
or and is not just completely flat? I guess using just plain tap makes me feel like I'm drinking blah water. I bought Dasani today.

Anyway... I don't know if I will be able to post from work, so I will check in in the evening tommorrow, I will try first thing in the morning though..

Take care ladies.. Have a Great Day!

Sheila
She2chat

Postby falisamarie » February 20th, 2006, 6:11 am

Sheila

Sounds like you are ready to get off and shaking!! You have such a great attitude you are sure to succeed. I know exactly what you are saying about not needing a man right now. After my divorce I spent 10yrs just concentrating on my children and my new hubby came along when I was least expecting it!! I had planned on staying by myself (thought it would be easier that way) but I guess God had other plans.

Keep shakin for you and your kids. They will be so proud of you.

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Nancy » February 20th, 2006, 1:31 pm

Sheila ~

You're going to do just fine - if you need help, be sure to call your Health Advisor.

The Dasani water is fine, I like it, too and buy one once in a while as a special treat.

I'd avoid flavored waters for the most part unless they are totally Zero across the board for cals and carbs. Plain old water is best for us. Our body needs water for proper functioning and it will enhance our weight loss process, too.

My opinion here - it is the flavored waters, the sports water, the sodas, the flavored coffees and such that can get some of us into foody trouble (me) - it is very easy for some of us to overdo and end up with higher carbs and calories than what we need. When we have a few too many calories and carbohydrates, we get above the fat-burning state, hunger and cravings return. And for some of us, it can mean we dip into the cookie jar or the pizza box and then get off of our program.

You sound like you are really prepared and ready for a super week! Shake is off, Sheila!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Hey! 1 Day Down..

Postby She2chat » February 21st, 2006, 8:53 am

I was really surprised! I didn't have any headaches and I didn't feel hungry, not once!

I am figuring out what I don't like. The Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is Ok.. The Banana shake is not my thing. I had the Chocolate (Dutch) when I got home mixed in the blender with ice, (Yum!) I had the Orange this morning.. its ok.. Dr. it up with Diet Orange or vanilla soda, would probably be better. The Tomato soup.. well.. good thing I don't have a full box.. lol

I'm looking forward to trying the Cappucino today and the Fruit and nut bar, along with the Strawberry Creme.. too bad I don't have a blender at work..

I had a heck of a time eating at 11 last night.. I was more tired than usual and wasn't hungry, so I had to really stretch it.. lol

At least I was never hungry.. AMAZING!!!

Sheila
She2chat

Next

Return to Come on in.