And away we go . . .

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

And away we go . . .

Postby Dayna » January 16th, 2006, 7:45 pm

My order arrived on Friday, just in time for me to leave for an out-of-town scrapbooking weekend (run by my sister), at which I was the official cook. I figured that would not be the wisest time to start. So, I spent the weekend reading Success in a Shaker Jar, cooking, and looking forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day! Hurrah and huzzah! Despite my husband's initial concerns about the program, he told me tonight how proud he is of me, and bought a bottle of my favorite wine to toast the beginning of my weight-loss journey. After I shared with him some specifics of my goals and motivations for this program, he shared with me his own plan for staying tobacco-free . . . we are moving toward health together, and that means more to me than just about anything else he could do.

Congrats to all the other newbies out there (Class of 2006? ;) )! It will be exciting and motivating to watch everyone's progress. Like a 24-hour Weight Watchers meeting, without having to pay for it. :D Having been on Atkins off and on for the last six years or so, I've had some experience going into ketosis. The first few times it happened, it felt like I was losing my mind. All of a sudden, out of the blue, I was crying in the parking lot of Safeway because "everyone else can eat normal food and I'm never going to be able to eat normal food again!" Two days later, I was much saner, and my husband and I had a good chuckle over it. And, I felt better than I had felt in a long time. So, in these first few days while your body adjusts to ketosis, don't get discouraged! Keep at it, because the feeling once you're there is definitely worth it.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » January 16th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Hi Dayna,
Welcome to the forum. The Success in a Shaker Jar book is great.
I think you were wise to start when you were home. It will be fun watching you shrink. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby cydj21 » January 16th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Hi Dayna :D Welcome! I've only been around the forum for a week or so, and Medifasting for just two days, but the people here are wonderful. You have found the right place to be as you start your journey.

Class of 2006....shrinking fast! :yes:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » January 16th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Hiya, Dayna ~

I loved your post! How cool that you and your husband are :stroll: in your Health Quest - making a commitment to one another is a super way to help you both attain your goals.

Guess you will both be climbing the walls together for a few days, eh? :table:

Yep, it can be a bit :twisted: tough the first few days but soon becomes :angel: once keto day arrives! BTW, when it does, with Medifast this is a mild state of ketosis, unlike that for folks on the Atkins plan so don't be surprised if it is not measurable on a keto stick. It is unnecessary to use them, when we follow the guidelines for the Lean and Green and get in all 5 of our packets, it happens about the end of day 3 or the middle of day 4.

Happy to have you along for the journey with us! :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.