Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kmr » September 22nd, 2006, 12:03 pm

Alex......excellent question re: the emoticon. I had to admit though after I read your question I was cracking up. I never noticed that emoticon before. When I first looked at it, I thought it was just a green smiley face...then waited a second... and then the light bulb went on! :bigidea:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 23rd, 2006, 4:49 pm

it's kind of weird posting in a couple of different journals.
i think that puppy's blog will have most of the personal info and this one will end up just being little bits of whatever.

there's an unfortunate pic of lil on the blog right now....
i'd repost it here, but... uhmm. it's funny. and i'm not sure how much censorship to expect or is needed (not that that has been an issue). so, for those of you who questioned privately, that's where it stands for now.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby kmr » September 23rd, 2006, 7:31 pm

okay.....I had to check your blog to see how "miz Lilly" was doing (the animal lover that I am) and to see the "unfortunate pic". That one pic is just too funny! Once again I was cracking up......and I agree, "miz Lilly" is definitely one sexy pup with her hot pink cast. :)
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 24th, 2006, 1:08 pm

it's so unbelievably cruel!

:x

my new student has a really, really, really hot mommy. even worse? the chemistry is there... it's like the air gets thick whenever we're in the same room.

can i do anything about it? NO!!!!!!!!

crap.

it's been so long since i've actually felt more than a passing intrest in someone. now, i have met someone who actually trails off, staring at me in the middle of a sentence (i've been known to stutter in front of her) and i have to walk away from it.

:roll: sometimes life just sucks.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 24th, 2006, 11:46 pm

it's called a workout because it's work.

i'm just saying...
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 25th, 2006, 2:51 pm

after much debate, i took the plunge and went off plan.
yay, me. :|

i've noticed that people who cheat lose faster than i do; it's the steadfast among us that creep along. i recognize that one big way to increase metabolism is to vary caloric intake. when i was losing weight on my own, i would do this every few weeks. you can't let the body settle into a routine. since i've only lost 7# over the last month, this is the time to do it.

i did just place a big order yesterday (so you know i'm going back to mf), but yesterday, today, and tomorrow, i will be eating 12-1500 calories. if i can get that any in. then i will drop back down and see what happens. i still workout, so weight gain is highly unlikely.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » September 25th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Hey Alex, makes perfect sense. 1500 calories is far from being lots of calories. I have heard of varying calories day to day to get things moving. I think its called cycling or something?? I remember about 20 years ago my Mother being on a diet called the Rotation Diet. I think days 1-4 were lower and days 5-7 were higher. She did great on it. I believe the calories were a smidgen more than MF and 1500 for the high end. Good luck on your new eating venture.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » September 25th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Love the puppy pic :) Awesome
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby alpha femme » September 25th, 2006, 6:47 pm

well, i basically did a carbo-load today before i go to the gym.
i feel like i could freakin levitate.

i don't think i can eat like this more than one more day....
who would have thought i'd ever say that, huh?
so, i'll end with a shake tonight before and after the workout. that should leave me at 1100 for the day, which is huge considering my previous average.

if i can get the same amount in tomorrow, i will. but i feel a little sick. too much damn food. i do however plan on rotating in 1 serving of designer whey a day while i build. it's 100 calories, 18g protein and 2g carbs. but i tend to heal after lifting much faster when i use it. the added calories will help, too.

the guy spotting me was teasing me because he can feel my ribs on my back and sides. you can see my clavicles pretty clearly now.... so, as he put it, it's like my fat is running south trying to hang on 'til the last second it possibly can. i've decided to go back to rotating 5x5 for two weeks, then 10x10 for 2 weeks. this should allow me to add another 5# or so of muscle and still maintain flexibility over the next 2 months.

my triceps hurt.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » September 25th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Geez Alex I've been MIA for a while and I'm sorry I couldn't be here to support you during pup's surgery. The TPLO is the latest procedure for ccl rupture, it remodels the slope of the tibia, basically making the stifle (knee) joint alignment better.

What pain meds is she on? I often suggest a combination of anti-inflamatories and opiods. Post recovery investigate Cosequin as long term joint supplement. For PT you can't beat swimming.

If she's still vommitting ask your vet for some Sucralfate or for an Rx of Prilosec.

Hope she's feeling better soon.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » September 25th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Oh yes and check out VPI (Veterinary Pet Insurance), or Care Credit on the web for future veterinary disasters :mrgreen:
Aerie

Postby alpha femme » September 25th, 2006, 8:18 pm

she's on a few things. tramadol, previcox, famotidine, cephalexin, metoclopramide, and i forgot the name of her sedative (she's an active, crazy, 3 legged dog). she also had the fentanyl patch for 3 days.

i had looked at insurance a couple of years ago, but they just don't cover enough to make it worth it. <sigh> maybe i'll check into it again, because the odds are that she will have to have the other one done at some point. hopefully i'll have a f-t job by then.

she had stopped vomiting, but then did it 15x or so today. poor dog.

the seperation anxiety is horrible. she is pressed against me at all times. if i move away, even an inch, i run the risk of dental impressions.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » September 26th, 2006, 4:04 am

Alex, I believe in the cycling technique. That it keeps your metabolism from getting too used to the low calorici intake. If you can do it for four days or so your body will try to accomodate the change. 1 or 2 days and it isn't likely to get very far in altering metabolism levels.

I have no idea how MF feels about that. I've had nutritionists support it and others think it's bunk, but as in any medical field we don't know all the answers right?

good luck :)

I wish I could see my clavicles!
Sarya

Postby kmr » September 26th, 2006, 8:52 am

Alex,
At this point miz lilly probably vomited so much because of all the meds she 's on right now. How's her appetite been?
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 26th, 2006, 2:55 pm

lil doesn't want to eat. she might nibble a piece of kibble or two, but to get her meds in her, i have to bribe her with a hot dog. i know it's normal, but she is so ornery. :roll: she had her first bm today. oh. my. god.

:shock:

but, yeah, i know it's a lot of change for the wee pup. now that the incontinence has passed, i feel better about the situation. especially since she sleeps spooned into me. i thought for sure that she wouldn't want to do that with the huge cone on last night. yeah. sure. for once, i wasn't the bigest lump under the blanket. for the record, when a puppy snores into a funnel, the echo is startling.

i will try to keep eating more calories for another day or two. but it's...
eh.
alpha femme
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal