Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JeepGirl » August 12th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Alex--I am sure everyone loses differently.. I know for me I have lost almost 30lbs, when I started I wore a 24 now I am wearing 20's. I would love to be someone who is able to fly through the sizes but I am not one of those! However when I measured I have lost more in my chest, hips and thighs than anywhere else so far, I have a friend who lost alot of weight and she had lost 40 lbs before she even went down a single pants size yet she went down 4 shirt sizes! :?:
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » August 12th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Yeah Alex, cut it out!!!! You're pretty, and it's time you accepted that!
...and Robin? Cut it out!!!! You're skinny, and it's time you accepted that!

:lol:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » August 12th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Ok first I agree with Regina. I have lost almost 30 pounds and still wearing the same size pants and shirts. I know I have lost inches since my NSV today of the lawnmower thing. We all lose it different.

Second...My brother said he would talk to his friend and see if he can get dreamweaver (he gets a ton of stuff, the kid works for some computer company). My BIL does have it on disk and said he would look for it. He is in the process of moving but will look.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » August 12th, 2006, 8:26 pm

They say, although I have never been small enough to experiance it that each size 10ish and under is a 5 pound difference. That's all. So if you weigh 140 and fit into a 8, at 135 you would fit into a 6. But I wouldn't know...lol...I have friends who do and that's how it goes and how you can lose 30 pounds and drop 10 sizes. Also it's not really 10 sizes, it's 5 if you count it as 2, 4, 6 and so on.

That's just my 2cents.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 12th, 2006, 8:52 pm

I seem to drop a size every 10 pounds or so. Some of it might be height, though. Ten pounds on a shrimp like me is a lot. I'm down seven sizes since my start, and almost 70 pounds.

But a lot also depends on where it's coming off. I lost most of my early weight from my bottom half, so my jeans size changed a lot faster than my top size. Plus brands vary so much. I can wear a small in some tops and have to get a large in others.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » August 12th, 2006, 9:23 pm

ok, i would actually like some opinions on this....

i do not usually wear makeup. i have some, but i rarely wear it. but i was thinking about how dramatically different some people look when they wear it. and i keep thinking that i may hit the prescriptives counter and invest in some good product and train myself to use it (not every day, but when i do go out for more than a hike or a store run).

i appreciate the support from this group, but i do recognize i am not the best looking. i am also pretty damn self conscious abou the scar on my forehead; trust me, you can see it in person.

so, i dunno. what do you guys think?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 12th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Well, as far as guys go... look at Tony... he drops a few pounds and needs a new size... lol.
As for me, I bought a couple pairs of 3/4 shorts and lost maybe 20 lbs and now I had to buy some more.... :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » August 12th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Hey girlie. Nobody is "the best looking," and even truly beautiful people are not usually happy with how they look. That said...

I used to wear makeup all the time. Foundation, powder, blush, the works. In the summer, when I was very tan, I would just adjust the color of my foundation, but I always wore it.

One year, for some reason, when I was tanned, I simply wore powder and that was enough. I hold a tan for a long time, so months went by before I decided I needed to return to the foundation. It was disgusting. Clown makeup. I swore off of it, and simply used the powder. Then I found Bare Escentuals - you've probably seen the infommercial about Bare Minerals, huh? That stuff rocks. It's as full-coverage as you like it, or need it, to be, but you can't feel it at all. I'm sure it would cover your scar. You can touch your face, sweat, etc., and it stays put. It's also better for your skin than pore-clogging liquid makeup full of chemicals and stuff.

Check out the website at bareescentuals dot com or bareminerals dot com, but if you are near one of their boutiques you can actually try the stuff on. You'll be sold as soon as you wear it, 'cuz you don't feel like you're wearing anything! I know, I sound like an ad, but it's that good. I don't know where in LA you are, but they have a store at the Westside Pavillion on West Pico in LA and one in Topanga Plaza in Canoga Park. Hopefully, one of those is close to you. I first became aware of the stuff in person at a boutique and don't know if I would've tried it strictly off of an ad or infommercial. I'm so glad because (if you couldn't tell) I LOVE IT!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » August 13th, 2006, 6:37 am

Sizes: it depends on the body type. I've lost a lot of sizes on my bottom half. I've lost some on my top half (in tshirts and such) because I'm willing to let the boob area be a bit tight so that the tummy area isn't a tent. But for dresses I think I lost a size. maybe two if I'm lucky. (they size by the chest measurement which has changed for me, but not dramatically enough for a big size change).

Makeup: I go most days without makeup, but if I'm going out to a party or something of that nature I do wear makeup. I wear either bare minerals or MAC. I have a very expensive makeup collection because I'm crazy like that. Actually it's not just makeup. Hair care products too.. and probably many other things.
Sarya

Postby alpha femme » August 14th, 2006, 12:52 am

i went to sephora and tried out bare escentuals. when the woman helping me first put it on, i noticed it itched and stung a little; i thought it was just the boar brush she used since it was only around my nose, and my cheeks felt fine. by the time she got to my forehead, i swear my face was on fire and my throat was scratchy.

i'm guessing that i'm allergic to the bismuth oxychloride in the makeup.
it was funny, because none of us could decide at what point we should panic. after scrubbing it off my face and waiting a few minute, i could breathe.

that was nice. oxygen was really helpful. did you know the back of your tongue can swell to 3x its normal size? yep. it can.

i'm allergic to nothing, so i wonder what the hell happened there....
i'm sticking with lorac. i got some minimalist supplies, and i will try to get in the habit of using it (and practice my application technique). later, i can always add on.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » August 14th, 2006, 1:23 am

Alex, bummer about the allergic reaction. That bites. :cry: I'm glad you're okay. I'm extremely allergic to bee venom, to the extent that I carry a shot of epinephrine around with me at all times -- so, yeah, I know all about the amazing things a tongue can do. Okay, wait, that sounded really bad (or really good!!). :lol:

Anyhoo....maybe you can hook up with Diana regarding application techniques; didn't she just go through an eyeliner thing?! LOL
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » August 17th, 2006, 11:07 pm

so much going on right now that i'd rather tune everything out than emote.

i will say that i went to v.s. to look at bras today, because the girls have gone on vacation. um, yeah. i'm a 38b-- and not even half way to goal. the v.s. girl was all serious and said, "i would guess you'll end up a 34a or so..."

oh, the humanity.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 17th, 2006, 11:21 pm

i would kill to trade places. i'm a freaking size 4 and i'm still a 34C. and that's post-surgery. sigh.

as for makeup, i don't wear it every day, but i do try to wear it when i want to look nicer. i didn't liike the bare escentuals, so IMHO you're not missing much (and Sojourner, I'm highly allergic to bees, too; I was stung a few years ago and nearly died). anyway, lorac's a good brand and if you like it, go with it. you don't need to wear a lot; i'd just use enough to even things out a little, which everyone can use. other than that, some lip stuff will usually bring out your eyes, and mascara's almost always a good choice.

and everyone's right. most people would say they're not pretty or at least have features they don't like. personally, i'd rate my face maybe a 3 or 4 out of 10. blech. i think you're much cuter.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » August 18th, 2006, 10:04 am

ok, i wasn't going to post it, because it really doesn't fit in with my emotional state right now, but i would suppose this is something of an nsv...

***** do NOT read below this if you are sqeamish about anything ******

the above disclaimer was not because i'm going to bust out with soft core action here, i just don't want to hear it. and some of you know exactly what i mean.

so, i left something out about my v.s. shopping trip.

when i got measured, the very tiny (like 5'0, 110) saleswoman helping me was talking to me about weight loss (hers and mine), the skin, and boobage problems. she apparently gained 80lbs when she was pregnant and had a terrible time taking it off. i, of course, was sympathetic, because... yeah, i'm fat.

i mentioned that all i wanted was a bra that put my girls back where they were supposed to be-- and maybe balanced out my ass (because it sucks to have a huge butt and tiny boobs). so, after she did the whole measurement, she began picking out bras for me to try and then took me to the dressing area.... where she did a final measurement of just the cups-- about 6 times a piece.

i have admitted in here i flirt with anything with a pulse. i can't help it.
this time i didn't, because i was emabarrassed as hell; i felt like this giant ogre in the hot girl store. the saleswoman then told me, "i think you've done wonderfully; your girls are very under-rated. now try these on, tell me the ones you like, and i'll write down their names. you can then go on line, get them on sale in a smaller size and buy an extender so that you haven't wasted a couple hundred dollars worth of bras when you are smaller in 2 months." then she patted my face and flounced off.

i, being me, did what i was told. as i got dressed again, i realized 2 things.... I just got felt up, and i love bossy women.

oh, yeah, and i look better than i give myself credit for.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » August 18th, 2006, 10:10 am

You make me laugh every time I read your thread.
Aerie

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal