Almost Unrecognizable!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Almost Unrecognizable!!!

Postby sheila » April 24th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Hi ya'll. I had the most motivating thing happen to me Saturday. My daughter and I were just about to go into the commisarry here on our base, and a lady who hadnt seen me for awhile stopped me right before we went in, she said",Oh my gosh! You are almost unrecognizable!" That felt so great! That really is the best feeling!I think that the only reason she did recognize me was because my daughter was with me. All I could say was"Thank You!" I am so thankful that I found medifast when I did. And I am so thankful for all of you on here who are always so supportive. I am mostly thankful to God for the results that I am getting. Because the day that I stareted MF, I prayed that this would work for me, because, of course, I was skeptical. But with the Lord helping me to keep my will power, and helping me stick to the program( most days), I couldnt be happier. Someone has it as an avitar, I believe, that says"I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be." That is so true. I am halfway to my goal now, and am still as excited about this program as when I first started seeing those pounds drop off. I have more energy, and am happier than I can remember being in a long time.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » April 24th, 2006, 2:55 pm

That's great, Sheila! Those compliments are so great, aren't they?

And I know what you mean. I still rave about the program.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » April 24th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Sheila that is super! I am so very happy for you! It is those things that keep us going. I will tell you too that prayer is a vital tool for me in this program!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 24th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Sheila ~ I know what you mean about the comments. I never grow weary of them as they're starting to come more often and in greater quantity. So glad things are working out for you!

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mamabear » April 24th, 2006, 9:03 pm

What a great compliment! it's always nice when other people notice our weight loss-I believe it gives us more motivation to keep going. :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Becky » April 24th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Yeah!!! it feels so good to know that others are seeing your hard work & it's paying off. I'm so proud of you. It's so great when you get to that halfway mark & you realize that you don't have as far to go as you've already come. God really helps us get through it, one day at a time. He always provides a way of escape for us when we're tempted. Keep up the good work Sheila! B.
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Congrats ! Shelia

Postby chelleA » April 24th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Congratulations on your success. It's great when no one recognizes you cause you're SO SKINNY !!! It gives me something to look forward to. I have lost 11 lbs. in my first week, and I worked today without my feet swelling at all !!! It's been a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggg time since that happened. And my new shoes fit really well !!! I have a long way to go, but I'm sure that I'll get there with help from my new friends here. MF must stand for Mighty Fine !!! ;)
chelleA
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 25th, 2006, 5:15 am

Congratulations on your success. I too pray every day for the Lord's strength and I also prayed before I started that this would really work for me. Woo Hoo!!!

I have a funny story about the not recognizing. I had knee surgery yesterday and as I was walking into the hospital holding my hubby's hand, a friend of mine drove by and did a double take. She called me later to tell me that when she first looked at the couple crossing the street to the hospital, she was ANGRY to see my husband holding hands with some blond that she didn't recognize. But at second glance she realized IT WAS ME!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby krissss » April 25th, 2006, 6:45 am

Yea Sheila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on sister friend :kool:
Little secret here::: SHHHHHHHH............don't tell anyone ,but I am kinda hiding out for awhile so when people finally do see me they will notice a difference.

Kinda keeping MF a secret from everyone ,except my husband ,kids and of course my mom.

This program makes you feel so so good inside!!!!!!!

Kriss
krissss
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sheila » April 25th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Oh what a funny story that was, For mommy, thats just too much!!! I am so excited about the future now. I mean, if people arent recognizing me nowwwwww, just wait til I am even closer to goal! It is so exciting! I am going to have to post some pics soon. I didnt think I had any good before pics, since in all of them I was always trying to hide. But my 13 yr old son thinks he has one taken around Christmas time. So, I will have him find it, and post it. You all are doing such a great job, keep up the good work!
sheila
sheila

Re: Almost Unrecognizable!!!

Postby Lizabette » April 25th, 2006, 8:17 pm

SHEILA.

You are doing wonderful, and we are so excited for you. What a neat story to share with us. You betcha, it is motivating to all of us!

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lulie » April 25th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Thanks for posting this Sheila! You have uplifted me with your post. I was really disappointed today with my weigh-in, I did lose 3lbs and I was so hoping for 5lbs like a lot of the others are doing. I was so down on myself. But reading this reminds me that I prayed about this too. And I truly felt I was walking in God's will when I started this journey. And sometimes we just need reminded to hang in there even if it is not what you want to do. Your post encouraged me, and reminded me that if God is leading, I am following. ( may put that in my sig).

Thanks again.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby sheila » April 25th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Lulie,
You hang in there! 3 lbs is great! That is about what I am averaging too. Keep up the good work, and before you know it, you will be at your goal.
sheila
sheila

Return to Come on in.