Hi All, little introduction.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi All, little introduction.

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 2nd, 2006, 7:46 am

Hi...I'm Jen. I'm 33 have 3 beautiful children, wonderful husband, and a successful career.....But I've hit rock bottom with my weight.

I was always average weight...athletic...a few years ago I went through some personal issues and health issues and just ballooned...I'm 5'8" and went from 160 to my weight last tuesday of 227. It's like I didn't even notice or something. I mean I knew I was bigger, but I didn't get it. Until I saw a picture of myself and I cried. I didn't know the bohemeth that was supposed to be me...

So just over a week ago I ordered a months supply...I had to go to my Dr. on Tuesday last week and weighed in at 227 on their scale(I'm assuming it's right because it was a Dr.'s office, but holy smokes)...any way, my food came last Wednesday afternoon...I started on Thursday morning. I've worked my way through the tiredness, the caffeine withdrawals..no cheating, eating perfectly. I bough myself a new scale on Monday because my old one was a victim of my 4 yr old who thought it'd be really neat to keep twisting that knob.

I'm happy to say that yesterday I weighed in at 214. If my dr's scale is correct that's 13 lbs...(that's why I'm questioning the scale because that seems like too much) I put on clothes that I bought when I was doing WW as a motivation to keep with it and fit into. I never made it...so they've sat in my closet for a year. Now they fit.

I've been a lurker here for a little over week and I need to be part of your wonderful group.

Take Care,

JEN
Last edited by FluffyNoMore on March 2nd, 2006, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby StrivingSister » March 2nd, 2006, 8:00 am

Hi Jen, and Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too, and I love this site. If you are experiencing something, chances are that someone on this forum has also! You are not alone.

Your initial weight loss is Fantastic :D - and even if it might be a few pounds off (because of home/dr scale discrepencies) you reported that your motivation pants now fit! Great.

Just keep this momentum going, stick to it. Visit the site often (especially when you need a boost or a "kick" or a shoulder), and DRINK YOUR WATER DRINK YOUR WATER DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

Nice to have you!!
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » March 2nd, 2006, 8:12 am

Jen

Welcome to the group :goteam: This is a great place for support :hug: motivation :cleader: help :help: and at times a little tough love :whip: I know that it seems unreal :scratchhead: but you very well may have lost 13lbs in the first week :woohoo: . Maybe if it is nearby you could swing by your Drs. office and they will let you weigh. I know most Drs. don't have a problem with that.

It is great to have you here with us

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 2nd, 2006, 8:19 am

Thanks guys. I'm not taking the Dr.'s scale to heart, but I do know that on Monday I weighed 217 and yesterday I weighed 214. LOL! You should've seen me jumping up in down when I buttoned my jeans and didn't have a huge gut hanging over the top. My husband in now going to sign himself up because I'm doing so well... that I'm happy for...I told him for the first time in 3 years what I weighed yesterday. This is huge for me.
FluffyNoMore

Welcome

Postby Jan » March 2nd, 2006, 9:07 am

Hi Jen,
You've found the program and now you've found the place. This is a group of such wonderful caring people. They will help you along your way. You're doing great -- Keep it up -- I'm happy your hubby is joining you. Oh, and we allllll wake up one morning and think the "fat monster" attacked during the night. We certainly didn't look like that when we went to bed!!! :mrgreen: Welcome!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » March 2nd, 2006, 10:41 am

Hi and welcome to our little home. :lol:

FYI, I lost 14 the first week, weighing on the same scale beginning and end, so there's a good chance that you have had similar results. Congrats!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lizabette » March 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am

JEN,JEN,JEN!

:whoohoo: :whoohoo: We found each other and you are safely in the fold! Can't wait to hear your continued results.

And you and Mister will help each other along. Just don't get upset if he loses faster than you. :x

You'll both be happy :lol: :lol: when you see all the good stuff happening!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » March 2nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

Welcome Jen! I am 5'8 and have a goal weight of 160!!! We could be twins - HA! You are off to a great start and I am sure we both will be back to where we want to be in no time.

There is a lot of great advice on these boards so use it - there are days (actually every day) something you read will be a lifesver for you.

Woo Hoo on the hubby doing it too. My hubby is not but he is a great support. He has NEVER commented on my weight and always tells me that I am beautiful. He wants me to be healthy which is why we decided that we would sacrifice in other areas so that I could afford to do this program. Hey - I can NOT afford NOT to do this - right? I have a 5 and 7 year old and hubby counting on me being around for a long time.

Again, welcome and enjoy watching the pounds flush away (hee hee....because of all that water...sorry I couldn't resist).
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SueInSLO » March 2nd, 2006, 1:19 pm

Welcome Jen!!

Nice to see another newbie added to this great group!!

Good Luck and keep posting!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » March 2nd, 2006, 1:42 pm

FORMOMMY wrote:Welcome Jen! I am 5'8 and have a goal weight of 160!!!

You know I'd be very happy to be that weight, but I'd be doing back flips if I could get back to my prepregnancy weight of 145.....I don't know if that will ever happen, but "when" I get to 160...I'm going to re-evaluate and see.

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 2nd, 2006, 1:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:
FORMOMMY wrote:Welcome Jen! I am 5'8 and have a goal weight of 160!!!

You know I'd be very happy to be that weight, but I'd be doing back flips if I could get back to my prepregnancy weight of 145.....I don't know if that will ever happen, but "when" I get to 160...I'm going to re-evaluate and see.

Shoot. That was me. LOL! I wasn't logged in sorry.
FluffyNoMore

Return to Come on in.