Aimee's Awesome Adventure

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Aimee's Awesome Adventure

Postby aimalasplace » August 16th, 2005, 9:47 pm

Well Today is my official start date. The good news is that when I weighed myself this am I was less than I thought it would be. That right there made me happy. I didn't start eatting until 1am, since I am working overnight I wanted to pace this out so my last meal is 3 hours before bed.
The funniest thing was I got up around 11:30am. I feel asleep @ 2:45pm I woke up around 4:45.
I prepared my soup the day before as Nancy suggested. It was good I ended up putting some extra boullin granules then I needed more water cause it was too salty. The bar gave me the stomach gurgles 1 hours after eatting because I am sensitive to Malitol. The oatmeal was not good- I put pepermint extract in it (Brown sugar oatmeal) That made it taste mediciney and my tongue taste funny but by the end of it I could tolerate it. I have gotten 6 out of 8 glasses of water so fat (Not including the water added to shakes, soups and oatmeals) I brought my magic bullet to work so I can make a good shake.
I am unsure if I should weigh myself tomorrow- I can see myself getting Obsessed with it. I am thinking I will just weigh 1x week on Tuesdays.
I will possibly just use this to keep myself in line and record what I have eatten, and drank.
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2005, 1:01 am

Yup, weigh once a week - not once a wee-wee...

You'll do better at preparing the oatmeal as time goes by. I can't give you a lot of suggestions about the Maple and Brown Sugar as it is not my fave. I have never cared for maple syrup or maple flavor and the Maple and BS oatmeal is too sweet for my likes. Maybe some cinnamon would help. Adjust the thickness with more or less water. The oatmeal needs a few minutes to steep once it is cooked. (some people have added a bit more Maple flavor by using maple extract or a drip drop of sugar free maple syrup).

Adding a little bit of bouillon to the soups is helpful to intensify the chicken flavor but because it is rather salty, I prefer to add a packet of the Medifast Delicate Chicken Fast Soup.

You did pretty good with your water consumption this first day, Girl. It takes a while to work up to 8 glasses!

No worries about eating your last packet just before beddy-bye time. You don't have to eat it three hours before you snooze.

It's after 1 AM here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage, Unca and Terry have been tucked in their respective :snooze: snore sacks for hours while I type away and I am going to prepare a shaker jar of Chai Latte and slink off to sip it and read under the covers just before lights out.

Aimee, don't skip a packet - it will slow down your weight loss and you'll feel lousy and puny the next day.

If your stomach is growling and prowling, you may need a Tagamet or a Pepcid to help alleviate the excess stomach acid in there because your food intake is reduced on Medifast. :water: Drinking more water and having an acid blocker can help to dilute or lessen the acid in there.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » August 17th, 2005, 1:41 am

AIMEE--

WOW you had a good first day..Keep up the good work and soon you will be so skinny :mrgreen: I do not like the oatmeal at all so I can't help you there(don't like sweet oatmeal).The pepcid Does help with the stomach gurgles.. I have to use it at times..I do love the soups though..all of them so far..Have a great first week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aimalasplace » August 17th, 2005, 3:55 pm

I got all my water in, not including the suppliment water my first day. :pour:
After I got home from work I went to bed and kept on waking up to pee.
My legs felt a bit crampy but nothing too bad (yet) THe problem is that I woke up at 5:10 (only because my boyfriend came home and woke me up) I got alittle over 8 hrs sleep. I was DEEPLY asleep too.
Day two- I had my firstshake by 6pm. Now it looks like i will have to eat/drink every 2 hours. I hope I can do that. The shake this morning is swiss mocha which I added some hazelnut sf syrup and a dash of vanilla. It was OK. I am going to finish my chicken thighs today and will have to cook some chicken breast tomorrow before work.
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2005, 4:40 pm

Swiss Mocha is good with a dash of cinnamon.

You'll do fine with your packets every two hours. It sortta feels like you're a baby having to eat every two hours and go wee wee so often, eh?

You're already thinnin'!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

good luck

Postby deecee » August 17th, 2005, 5:06 pm

much luck to you aimee`. i had a 10# loss the first week. i weighed everyady for the first 4 days then again on tuesday because that was my start day. i think sunday for roll call would be good and tuesday for our offical end-of-the-week weigh-in. i do see how the scale can become an obsession.
wishing you luck.
dee
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby aimalasplace » August 17th, 2005, 8:22 pm

10#'s qould be great. I was able to get all my water in before bed. :thumbup:
I got up so late this afternoon I woke up at 5:10. I sleep a bit over 8 hours. I had a creamy broccoli soup- I am so happy to have something I like. I was humming while I drank :guzzle:
I also made oatmeal cookies and they came out more like pancakes :flip: I think I will try to cook them a bit longer and less water.
I am on my way to work ( I don't wanna go) :sadblue: But I gots to do what I gots to do! I also made tomorrows meal already- But I am under my protein with the shrimp- I only have 5oz cooked. Is there anything I can add with it to get my protein up?
Hope everyone had a great day
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2005, 10:11 pm

You could have 1 hard boiled egg with your shrimp. Shrimp is very low in calories and very lean. It would be good in a salad.

To make the cookies, you need to let the batter sit for a while and thicken - the apples will plump up and absorb the water. Oven thermostats, humidity, and altitudes can vary the baking times so you have to experiment. I bake mine for about 15-17 minutes and mine are thick. I usually get four cookies per packet of Medifast oatmeal.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aimalasplace » August 17th, 2005, 11:52 pm

I didn't let the batter sit for very long and only cooked them for about 5 minutes and made then thin. I will try this the next time. I haven't eatten the cookies yet they are my last suppliment for the day/night. :bib:
I will pick up some eggs so I can have one. :hatch: I am assuming that you mean the whole egg and not just the yoke. I love the yolk and miss having them, I usually have hard boiled egg whites
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2005, 8:25 am

If you do not have cholesterol issues, eat the whole thing!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aimalasplace » August 18th, 2005, 10:00 pm

I am on day 3 and so far so good, no symptoms to complain about- That was what I was most afraid of. :bricks: those migraines.
I had all my water yesterday and I really can't tell if I am losing so I must be one of the "Slower" losers :dunno: but I am fine with that. I have tried to not have any extras but I am going to need a broth soon. I am going to have the whole egg with my shrimp dinner :bananadance: since I have not had one in soooo long. Other than that I have had a great three days.
:goteam: Thanks for all your support, as I get used to the forum I hope to be as much of a positive rolemodel as so many are to me
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 19th, 2005, 2:15 am

Day 3?

Woser! Time :pigsfly: when you're with the MakeMeThinner family of Friends!

You are on track and we are proud of you, Aimee. :thumbig:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aimalasplace » August 19th, 2005, 11:16 pm

Well it's day 4 and all I have seen since I got to work is FOOD. I am feeling like I am getting depressed too- could be the full moon or maybe this is a side effect for me. I watched ppl eatting pizza, baked potatoes, spagetti. :boohoo: Poor Me I know lol
I think today is the hardest day so far. But I so far I had a shake and pickles I just poured some broth too. At this point I don't care if I don't lose any weight I just want to get through this night.
Well I have to get back to work so please keep me in your prayers
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 19th, 2005, 11:40 pm

Aimeé ~

Day 4 for some people is tricky.

You've eaten all that food before - you know how a baked puhtater tastes, you know the way that spaghetti always snaps ya in the chin and splashes stainy stuff on your clothes and my goodness! If you are a normal person, you've probably eaten a vanload of pizza in your lifetime. You know how pizza tastes.

Think about how greasy it is and how hard it is to clean the cheese off of the cardboard tray or off a plate...now think about what that must do to your arteries? Argh! By chugging your shake and scarfing a pickle, you saved your heart and arteries from placquing out!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aimalasplace » August 21st, 2005, 11:22 pm

I weighed myself today but I will get to that in a sec. Last night I was off my boyfriend and I eneed up going to the movies we saw Red Light and Skeleton Key. Instead of eatting the tub o popcorn or nacho's- I had a nice cold krisp pickel (Which I didn't know that they sell there) We stayed up until about 1am. What time did I end up getting up in the morning???? :x
Well it was 5:30 in the afternnoon. The good thing was when I weighed myself I was 226-down 4.5 lbs for 5 days. :yay: :exercise: :yes: :bouncieball: :kool:
My problem is now that I am trying to catch up with my eatting/drinking water. :bib: :guzzle: It's now 1am and I still have two more meals to go which isn't so bad but I am now working tonight and don't wanna stay up all night. :dooh:
But we gots to do what we gots to do.
I also had a dutch shake with chocolate soda YUMMY :partytime:
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Next

Return to The Weight Room