AdvantEdge Shakes

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

AdvantEdge Shakes

Postby sarah » July 6th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Question for you

Do you ever or have you ever used an AdvantEdge Shake to replace your normal Medifast Shake. Is it "legal" ?

They can be purchased at Sams Club, Wal-Mart, many other stores and grovery stores. I have seen on other websites that have forums for people on Medifast that have. Does anyone here?

Here are ingrediants (sp?)

Calories 110
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Sodium 260 mg
Potassium 380 mg
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 15 g

Ingredients:
Filtered water, whey protein concentrate specifically filtered and ion-exchanged whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, high oleic sunflower oil, vitamin and mineral blend (magnesium citrate, potassium citrate, sodium citrate, sodium asorbate, Vitamin A palmitate, beta-carotene, cholecalfiferol, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, zinc gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid biotin, chromium chloride, potassium iodide, phytonadione, sodium molybdate, sodium selenite and cyanocobatamin), natural and artificial flavors, fructoligosaccharide, soy extract cellulose, gel cellulose gum, xanthan gum, sodium hexametaphosphate, maltodextrin, carageenan, dextrose, potato starch, and sucralose. Note: Fructooligosaccharide is included in the total calorie count but is not included as carbohydrate.
sarah

Postby Unca_Tim » July 6th, 2005, 6:30 pm

Hi Sarah,
There's dozens of similar shakes out there.

Because Medifast has been around 25 years, clinically tested by Johns Hopkins, and stood the test of time, many companies have jumped on the band wagon with similar products. This is the reason we chose Medifast. and the fact that Terry and Nancy had such great success on Medifast products.

We feel Medifast is the highest quality and best product available. It's manufactured in an FDA and Kosher approved facility and has Drs. and Nurse's available. When you buy from Medifast or TSFL you know where your product comes from and can be sure it's the highest quality. Personally I feel completely confident with Medifast, where I'm not so sure I'd trust my food source from some of the other sources around.

Here at MMT, we have expert resources for Medifast. It would be impossible to be educated and comment on every product out there, so we like to keep the discussion to Medifast. There are forums for about every product known to man on the net, and I'm sure you can find information there somewhere if you're curious about other products.

We're glad you found us....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 7:05 am

I did the advant edge shakes before finding MF....I don't take the chance mixing diets. MFast is tried and true over time. And with that, Im giving it my all! :)
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » July 7th, 2005, 6:10 pm

I have probably had every shake out there and NONE compare to Medifast (IMHO)... :hmmm: .......the others may be slightly less expensive... :scratch: ...but can't hold a candle (again IMHO) to the nutritional value .... the taste....and the many other benefits MF has to offer....... :roll: ......I've been on ONE MILLION weight loss plans and have finally saved the BEST for last...... :yes: .......I am a TRUE BELIEVER........ :whoohoo: ......MEDIFAST IS THE BEST............
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 7th, 2005, 7:37 pm

Ditto to everything my buddy Donna just said! :mrgreen: I love Medifast! :-P I will continue to utilize MF several times a day after I am to my goal weight becuase I love the products so much & I love the health benefits of using them. :lol:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sarah » July 8th, 2005, 1:20 pm

OK, everyone took my question the wrong way. I quess I should have re-phrased my Q

I meant if I was in a jam and didnt have any medifast on me, or ran out of it- would AdvantEdge shake be a safe bet?

I assume they would be.

What do you do if you dont have any medifast food and you already have had a L & G that day?

Just trying to prepare myself in case this would happen to me. You never know.
sarah

Postby MomsTherapy » July 8th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Okay, I was thinking supplement for MF shakes on a regular basis. I think the program says in emergencies to use skim milk. :question: But I cannot remember how many you can substitute. Someone will come here soon and lay the "Medifast Smack Down" for us. :lol:

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2005, 1:54 pm

:tongue:

YUCK, i do not drink skim milk

Postby MomsTherapy » July 8th, 2005, 2:50 pm

We weaned our way down over a long period of time... whole, 2%, 1% then skim. Maybe that will work for you too? (after your MF time of course - no whole milk I am sure) :lol:

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.