Acceptable salad dressings for L&G

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Acceptable salad dressings for L&G

Postby ericandme » February 7th, 2006, 1:04 pm

I'm a newbie to MF, at day 11. I'm learning so much reading thru all the past posts. While I do have a question, I may postpone acting on the response as I'm learning that in the beginning I should probably be doing more shakes and less other stuff...I've lost 8 so far :D and feel pretty great, no real tough spots yet, but facing one this weekend. We have a dinner party comby V-day and B-Day for a friend and we're going to a restaurant then back to her house for dessert and coffee, etc. I've already coached my hubby on what to order for me and how, but I know I'll want that glass or 2 of wine (btw how do these emoticons work? or is it that I just can't see them until the message posts?) :? . Any words of encouragement here would be appreciated. As for my question, what are some acceptable salad dressings for the L&G salad? What types of sugar and carb content or fat content should I watch for?

Good luck to everyone and keep the great suggestions coming. I plan to try to read a little everyday for additional support.

Ciao for now!
ericandme

Postby falisamarie » February 7th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Hi and welcome to our team :goteam: I use Walden Farms salad dressings, they have no carbs no fat and no sugar. They have a website or you can sometimes find them in the grocery store. I had trouble finding them in the store because for some reason they were with the syrups. Walden Farms also has seafood sauce and bbq sauce and some other products.

I look forward to seeing your progress

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » February 7th, 2006, 8:19 pm

I use Walden Farms salad dressing. No fat, sugar, or even any calories! I have had: honey mustard, ceasar, and blue cheese. I have not tried, but have in the fridge: Asian something dressing, and Italian, I think-maybe Thousand Island??

If you do find their products, they also have marshmallow dip, chocolate dip (both are okay, but nor great), chocolate syrup, maple syrup, alfredo sauce, marinara, BBQ (never tasted it). Otherwise, search for low fat, low carb...

If you cannot find either, maybe vinegar, splenda and ice water over vegetables, especially cucumbers and tomatoes is great.

I'll tell you what I do if I am going out. I just order salad without cheese or dressing and :secret: bring a little mini Glad container (8 oz size) filled with WF dressing. My no fat, low fat everything brothers actually end up using that, too, and call me ahead of time to tell me to bring it. It actually taste really good. I have also been known to put Molly McB or McCheese in a baggie and sprinkle it on hot vegetables when I get brocolli. Nobody sees and nobody cares. They end up being shared, too.

I don't know where you are going, but steak, grilled chicken, fish, and all that is readily available and you are obviously determined, so you seem to have just what you need to do well. As for the wine, I can't say, I don't drink, so that wouldn't tempt me. And if you like it, I don't know that Diet Coke would take the place of it real well. Good luck and have a great time :toast:
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.